· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Guitar and bass lounge at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Favorite blade humbuckers?

Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:26 am

What’s your favorite blade humbucker?

Thinking of putting one in a new jagstang build. Seymour Duncan SLUG looks cool but I don’t know if the high output would be too muddy in my weird plexi clone amp.

Re: Favorite blade humbuckers?

Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:45 am

Always been interested in the Bill Lawrence/Wilde blade 'buckers but never tried them. Real deal here, though easy ordering seems broken lately--probably needs email to the very small business making them: http://www.wildepickups.com/site/0587e4 ... .html#2662

(Bill Lawrence USA are essentially cheap knockoffs and are best avoided.)

Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:32 pm

I'm super into my Bill Lawrence L500xl. High output for sure, but the mid heavy tone is choice. Had dimebuckers as well and they're ok

Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:08 am

I have 3 Joe Bardens in my Tele and have loved them for over 20 years. Might be something to check out?

http://jbepickups.com/product/hb-hb-twotone/

Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:49 pm

I've always been interested in Gretsch SuperTrons.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:14 am

I've got a Dimarzio X2N that I got on a lark... it's pretty out of hand. Perfect in a dark guitar or for dark amps.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:45 pm

I have Bill Lawrence (Wilde) pickups in several guitars and they are my favorite blade pickups, hands down, though I have never tried Bardens.

Even the hottest one (L500XL) doesn't sound horrible and muddy.

They are also cheap.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:02 pm

dubkitty wrote:I've always been interested in Gretsch SuperTrons.

Same. Still not really sure how significantly they differ from regular Filtertrons.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:32 am

I have a D-Sonic in my Ibanez that I really like and all of the Bill Lawrence and Barden stuff I’ve tried is great
Post a reply