Pitch shifting delay

Moderators: Ghost Hip, metalmariachi

Pitch shifting delay

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:48 pm

I'd like a ps delay that does brighter and brighter repeats (darker and darker repeats would be a neat-to-have option), mostly for a wishy-washy gazing kind of sound. I know about the Boss PS series, but can anyone recommend some other pedals that'll do the trick? I just want some more models to look for whenever I'm browsing the local second-hand site. The only real requirement is that it does delay (20-800ms or something would be a good range, doesn't need to be tap-in, preferably a quite long tail) with brighter and brighter repeats. I'm looking to get something cheap that just gets the job done. (I'm in the process of acquiring all the different kinds of pedals I want on my board, and initially I'm looking at quite cheap options, with the intent to replace them with fancier pedals down the road.)
VREEEEVROOOOOW

interested
interested

Re: Pitch shifting delay

Postby oscillateur » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:25 am

By "brighter" you mean with a higher pitch, not high-pass filtered, right ?
If so, a Boss PS-2 or PS-3 can get you there. I'm a big fan of the PS-3 as it can do tons of cool things (which is why I have 3 of them) but the PS-2 is also good for this specific thing I think.

There might very well be an effect for that in the Zoom MS-70 CDR (which does tons of things and apparently sounds very decent), which would make it a very affordable option.
oscillateur

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:32 am

Yeah, I mean higher pitch, thus *pitch*-shifting. And as I mentioned in the OP, I already know about the Boss PS series. So what I'm asking is if there's some other boxes that can achieve the same thing, that I can be on the lookout for, when browsing the local second-hand site. Sorry for a perhaps confusing OP!

I've looked at those Zoom boxes. Particularly the "shoegaze-in-one-box" kind, like the 70CDR. I really dislike the UI of those, preferring more of a do-one-thing-do-it-well approach when it comes to pedals, but if they come around cheap enough, I'll probably consider getting one! Maybe something like an Alesis Midiverb or a Yamaha SPX can do the same thing as well.
VREEEEVROOOOOW

interested
interested

Postby Pepe » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:35 am

Some old multi effects boards are great, too. I loved that effect in the KORG AX30G. The pitch shifter of this unit can do a few more tricks than the PS-3 (that I also love to pieces).
Pepe

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Phosphene Audio » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:10 am

You can do this with an Eventide Eclipse, but that's a rack unit. I'm not sure if any of their pedal algos do it.
Phosphene Audio

involved
involved

Postby Invisible Man » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:15 am

Also: pitchfactor. Not cheap, either.

Ct5 does it, too.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
Invisible Man

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Guitar and Bass