Fender apparently just doing whatever this year...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Fender apparently just doing whatever this year...

Postby Lurker13 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:54 pm

jirodreamsofdank wrote:The guy from The Strokes got a signature guitar. It actually looks kind of cool ('70s headstock + bullet truss rod) but as a celebrity endorsee it's hilarious to me. "Remember that band you haven't listened to since the first Bush term? Buy their gear!"

That really is hilarious. I wonder how much he had to pay Fender?

I noticed you guys seem to like Strats with 21 frets. I'm a small-fingered vulgarian, so I need 22 frets, and 24 would be even better.
Lurker13

experienced
experienced

Re: Fender apparently just doing whatever this year...

Postby Bassist_Diver » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:46 pm

jirodreamsofdank wrote:The guy from The Strokes got a signature guitar. It actually looks kind of cool ('70s headstock + bullet truss rod) but as a celebrity endorsee it's hilarious to me. "Remember that band you haven't listened to since the first Bush term? Buy their gear!"

They're working with Rick Ruben for their upcoming album, and his name is basically giant dollar signs to record labels and gear companies. Fender just wants their share of Ruben Bucks.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to Guitar and Bass