· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Guitar and bass lounge at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: Hack Jobs!

Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:40 am

Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:47 am

Phosphene Audio wrote:I'm not sure if this started as something else or was created from scratch, but someone clearly had a vision:

Of course, it's shaped like an axe, so pun intended.

Note also that the bridge would have to move completely off of the body for the intonation to be correct.

:lol: … and the pickups look off-center too. :idk:

Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:33 pm

Phosphene Audio wrote:Note also that the bridge would have to move completely off of the body for the intonation to be correct.

from looking at the picture... putting a guitar neck and bridge would be their only hope...

Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:22 pm

I didn't realize at first that it was a thing from a cartoon, makes a little more sense, now.

With the 7th fret around the halfway mark, I gues you end up with 7TET, which might be useful for playing Gamelan music.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:13 pm

Phosphene Audio wrote:I'm not sure if this started as something else or was created from scratch, but someone clearly had a vision:

Of course, it's shaped like an axe, so pun intended.

Note also that the bridge would have to move completely off of the body for the intonation to be correct.

With a bit of work that could totally be turned into a Wu-Tang logo.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:18 pm

Will that fix the intonation? :snax:

Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:26 pm

dollar store gene simmons wants his bass back

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:52 pm

Chankgeez wrote:This one's not only been hack'd by humans, but apparently by termites as well:

https://reverb.com/item/14835881-fender ... y-stripped

stripped and then had a train run on her, apparently :picard:

Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:00 pm

i'm also calling bullshit on anything about that guitar being 50s other than perhaps the pickguard. the rosewood board, big headstock, and modernized logo make this neck post-1962, and if the body was 50s it would be painted Desert Sand where this one definitely looks off-white around the edges. also, a proper 50s/60s Musicmaster pickup should have a flat-topped cover with no holes for pole pieces.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:32 pm

:lol: Yep, that thing's a mess.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:44 pm

https://reverb.com/item/16099830-1965-g ... 4-corvette

Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:37 am

A bit pricy due to that pesky humbucker, but I'd rock that, I love the sound of those.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:40 am

I can't handle the finish on that gretsch

Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:59 pm

which one: the first coat, the second, or the third? :lol:

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:54 pm

Post a reply