Hack Jobs!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Hack Jobs!

Postby Dandolin » Mon May 02, 2022 8:51 am

:facepalm: :lol:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Mon May 02, 2022 12:35 pm

backwardsvoyager wrote:Image
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/blackbutt/guitars-amps/mini-electric-guitar-cut-down/1294416348

not sure how you're supposed to hold it but at least this one is priced fairly :erm: :lol:

that is rough to stomach
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Wed May 04, 2022 8:14 pm

Couldn't decide which thread this belonged in (this or "best sales descriptions"), so here it is:

https://reverb.com/item/54531783-electr ... -2000-blue

:lol: :idk: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Velcro Bottom » Wed May 04, 2022 9:33 pm

Oh. My.

Oh. My.

Oh.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby Velcro Bottom » Wed May 04, 2022 9:36 pm

All Black Moon Guitars wrote:you can believe it think I’m full of sh#t

Way ahead of ya, bud.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Thu May 05, 2022 2:30 pm

:lol:

Another hack job w/ a "great" story:

https://reverb.com/item/54601649-fender ... ngman-1966

:idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Thu May 05, 2022 2:48 pm

lol cool story bro
of all the things you coulda done from the point where the imaginary foreman dropped his imaginary boot...
...this does not seem to me to be the inevitable outcome :lol:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Velcro Bottom » Fri May 06, 2022 5:35 pm

It's wonderful. If it's true, who gives a shit? If it's not, why make up this particular story? God, I love it.

And who named the store? Wayne and Garth?
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Fri May 06, 2022 10:31 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sat May 07, 2022 12:51 am

:whateva: :eek: :whoa:

i wonder when the body hack was done - i enjoy stories from the breed of players that came up in the 6Ts and 7Ts - they just didn't give a shi* - if the neck or body on a guitar that would be treated like a sacred relic today wasn't working for them they'd just grab something else that worked better for them and frankenstein it. that body tho - i can't get into that no matter what it started as - i could actually live with the cutaway, but they should have been less aggressive on the upper bout and more aggressive on the lower. bah- there's no making sense of it to my eye. i wonder if it still sounds good tho :snax:

also, while i can somewhat sympathize with those who toss a humbucker in @ the bridge position on a strat, i don't get it with a tele - that bridge pickup wasn't the problem friendo - you were....

Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat May 07, 2022 2:28 am

:idk: I agree except about the bucker.. don’t get me wrong I think tele bridge pickups are cool but the bucker is the only mod that does scream “hey jeb, gimme anther pull of that moonshine”
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Mon May 09, 2022 9:29 am

welp, plenty of people have disagreed about the bucker to be sure, including near the top ol' JB hisself....

with this one, it's pretty :love:
it's in Farmingdale :joy:
but pretty much replacing the Fanes with Pyle Drivers is like yanking the pups from yer '59 LP and slapping something from a '79 Hondo in there instead of having them re-wound wha wha wha :facepalm:

https://reverb.com/item/41175720-1970-o ... -amplifier
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Mon May 09, 2022 11:38 am

:lol:

Personally I like oranges through jbl D140s but then bass :idk:

Also

Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Mon May 09, 2022 12:25 pm

:lol: :thumb:
a mighty hack
personally, i think i take more issue with the neck swap out than the strat pickup weirdness (Morse does that too)
the knobbies are deluxe tho :lol:
i'll have to read up on it more - he wasn't going stereo, was he? (wouldn't put it past him)
mildly surprised it isn't also festooned with coil split/series-parallel/phase switches a la Ted Greene

overall, anything to avoid swapping guitars :p
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon May 09, 2022 12:58 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass