Tone Mods for my re-issue dan armstrong?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Tone Mods for my re-issue dan armstrong?

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:00 pm

I was originally gonna keep this only for as long as it takes me to get my Millimetric build sometime next year. Though I really like this guitar more than expected and I wanted to maybe change up some of things that nag at me like get a new pick up made (there is like only two builders that know how to work with these and they are both a pain to actually get in touch with sadly) but I was thinking of maybe adding a third banana plug in the middle so I can coil tap humbuckers. Any other ones you can think of?

the tone circuit thing seems a little lame, I usually keep it bypassed, but I like the idea of the Mid scoop thing or whatever it does but it's just too mild, is there a way to maybe make the cocked wah sound more drastic? Maybe changing pots but maybe fitting some sort of passive tone circuit inside it?

Any other interesting idea for the tone circuit?
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Re: Tone Mods for my re-issue dan armstrong?

Postby whoismarykelly » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:44 pm

Get one of the God City replacement bridges if you want a stronger tone from the start.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:14 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:Get one of the God City replacement bridges if you want a stronger tone from the start.

Woah I didnt know these existed oh my. These are pretty rad wonder how they fit in my guitar.

EDIT: THEY HAVE ADAPTER RINGS FOR PICK UPS OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby whoismarykelly » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:43 pm

Yeah you can rapidly kill all the uniqueness of a Dan Armstrong with the GCI products but most people play them for the looks anyway.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:31 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:Yeah you can rapidly kill all the uniqueness of a Dan Armstrong with the GCI products but most people play them for the looks anyway.

it's just that the P90 type pick up I have is really good but the 2 humbuckers I have are straight mud making them almost useless. I asked Kent Armstrong on making a pick up with two different P90's in it since that is what he has done before. He said he could do it, then I asked for a priced, and never got a response back. I guess because I wasn't a super important star maybe?

I'd just like more variety in tones since the single pick up design doesn't allow for much else. Or maybe I just feel like that haha. I do thing the bridge though in general is a better design. I mean what I have currently I had to get the guys at third coast guitar to shave wood off the bridge so it would intonate better

honestly the best part of the guitar for me is the feel, the neck is sort of thin, the 24.75 scale, and the really open lower frets.
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Return to Guitar and Bass