No name Les Paul clone

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: No name Les Paul clone

Postby Chankgeez » Thu May 04, 2017 6:16 pm

Here's a Global that just popped up that looks even mo' similar (tho' a little nicer):

https://reverb.com/item/5152890-vintage ... l-les-paul
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Mudfuzz » Fri May 05, 2017 7:38 pm

Man, who ever owned that plastic gold emblem company must have done ok.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby TraceItalian » Wed May 10, 2017 6:59 pm

So I found one video of a Global with a matching bridge piece, though I cannot see the headstock or input jack placement (it may show up in the video, but I'm not much of a jazz fan and 9 minutes is a little much anyways), but the video's description says it is a " "1968"Global LP-70" (apparently they were a super low end MIK Les Paul clone from the late 70s-early 80s, but Seasick Steve, RL Burnside, and SCOTS are rocking Danelectros and a lotta folks trash talk them, so fuck it, if it plays awesome and gets loud, that's all that matters :rock: ), so thanks all for throwing me on the right track, it's a little thing but it was driving me crazy.
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Wed May 10, 2017 8:37 pm

:thumb:

Good find on this vid:

A little too effected to hear how the guitar itself really sounds. :lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby TraceItalian » Wed May 10, 2017 9:07 pm

Chankgeez wrote::thumb:

Good find on this vid:

A little too effected to hear how the guitar itself really sounds. :lol:

Yea, I really wish he showed a little more about it, but meh. The other one I found was a repair video but it didn't provide much of value. I wish somebody would make a wiki for weird, off brand gear, it'd make this shit so much easier. But as I said, it plays fine to me, and it's like my friend says, "you could have given Jimi a Hastings' $100 guitar and amp package and he would have made that shit sound fantastic" (hopefully not comparing myself to Jimi, just relating that "shitty" gear has its virtues like everything else).
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Wed May 10, 2017 9:28 pm

I like cheap instruments. :D

As long as you can accept their potential idiosyncrasies, they're fine. Sometimes they need new tuning machines and a new bridge too. :idk:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby TraceItalian » Wed May 10, 2017 9:34 pm

Chankgeez wrote:I like cheap instruments. :D

As long as you can accept their potential idiosyncrasies, they're fine. Sometimes they need new tuning machines and a new bridge too. :idk:

Yea, you may not be able to see it, but it's missing a head on the tuner, having owned a bobkat I'm okay with the bridge, but good lord the wiring. My main guy since I got sick is gonna fix the wiring in trade, but holy shit it's a rat's nest.
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby kosta » Thu May 11, 2017 3:46 pm

I had a Global LP a few years ago. That thing had really really hot, gnarly pickups - in a great way. It ripped. I think I paid $75 for it.
Object Object : Bandcamp | Soundcloud
A lil dreamy, a lil noisy.
kosta

Supporter
Supporter

Postby TraceItalian » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:42 am

So friend and I broke up. Having promised, I got the wiring all fixed up and shipped it back to her. But the new guy she's running around with is either a moron or is just plain mean because he's been telling her that the guitar, in all its plywood glory, is worth $10k-$30k. She doesn't know enough about guitars to argue with him, and she doesn't believe me, so guess we'll just see how that goes.
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:20 am

:cry: :hug:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby antennafarm » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:40 am

support her decision, insist that she bring it to that shithole Pawn Stars shop to get it appraised/get an offer on it.
ANTIMAGIC MEDIA - antimagic.net
antennafarm

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to Guitar and Bass