Bright/mid heavy tele pickups?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Bright/mid heavy tele pickups?

Postby BoatRich » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:57 pm

What's the brightest and/or most mid rangey tele bridge pickup you can think of? I use a Quarter Pounder currently and the mid scoop kills me in a band mix. I think I want something medium-hot in terms of output that cuts through a mix well. This is going in a bass vi and I play hardcore and ambient/psychedelic stuff. I'm getting a tv jones powertron for the neck position.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Bright/mid heavy tele pickups?

Postby sylnau » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:00 pm

The lower the output, the brighter the pickup will sound.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:26 am

BoatRich wrote:I think I want something medium-hot in terms of output that cuts through a mix well.

I think that's how they describe the texas special teles but really, any tele bridge pickup with standard/slightly hot voicing should cut through a mix just fine. Other things to try are 500k/1m pots, eq pedal.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:49 am

I don't have a tele, but you need Dimarzio Tone Zone. I have the humbucker and it is exactly that, and Fuzzhugger Tom has the single coil in his guitars and swears by it, which leads me to believe that the tele model can't be anything other than awesome as well.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Ghost Hip » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:31 pm

I have a lace sensor blue in mine, which I had my guitar tech bud improvise/drill to cram it in. (this is my ILF stickered Tele, so I didn't give a fuck as long as he made it fit.) It has decent output, similar to a lower gain humbucker, and it has solid mids. I've never had a problem getting a blue lace sensor in the bridge to cut through. It also plays extremely well with any dirt or other effects.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby GardenoftheDead » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:59 pm

IF the Tele Texas specials are anything like the strat ones, they're borderline obnoxiously bright.
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF

Return to Guitar and Bass