· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Guitar and bass lounge at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: Guitar Straps

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:01 am

I use Levy's 4.5" padded leather straps - thanks to rugby injuries I have to use wide padded straps and Levy's makes the best, IME.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:21 pm

Some Righton straps appeared in the shop near me and they look pretty nice.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:53 pm

Resurrecting to let all the couch folk fans, you were right. They are dope, hippie weaves forever

Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:30 pm

Big Couch fan here but just picked up one of these from JayKco:

Needed something to hold the weight of the guitar (a 1980 Greco Les Paul that's a seriously heavy chunk of wood). What I liked about these is that they're backed with suede, not seatbelt webbing (I hate that stuff 'cause it slides on T-shirts and burns on skin) and there are no rivets - everything is sewn. Really, really nice feel - feels like a vintage Ace but better made. In Kansas City, but find 'em here: http://www.jaykco.com

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:31 am

OldGeorge wrote:Resurrecting to let all the couch folk fans, you were right. They are dope, hippie weaves forever

have been secretly wanting one of these for soooooooo long. someday :picard:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:32 am

I got a Couch strap with my goodies from Secret Santana one year. It's still as nice as the day I got it :thumb:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:32 pm

I will be venturing into the den of the lion today to acquire a strap and locks for my 8 string.. I haven't bought a strap in easily 13 years. I hope they aren't battery powered or some shit now.. :erm:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:54 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:I will be venturing into the den of the lion today to acquire a strap and locks for my 8 string.. I haven't bought a strap in easily 13 years. I hope they aren't battery powered or some shit now.. :erm:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:26 pm

:lol: For real.

I ended up with a hippy looking Ernie ball and black Dunlop strap locks

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:58 am

Italia usually has a 2-for-1 or less sale... I've been digging 3" (or 4") wide leather strap for a while now. Actually want to get another, but I'd rather have someone split the cost of one with me instead of getting 2 straps to myself Image

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:30 am

Minotaur strap: finest handmade leather straps from Greece. I got one for my Nude Guitar with aluminium neck for about 50 usde with shipping!

Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:30 pm

Bassist_Diver wrote:I use Levy's 4.5" padded leather straps - thanks to rugby injuries I have to use wide padded straps and Levy's makes the best, IME.

Yes, I love my Levy's strap, same size.
Sonidero turned me on to the idea of using Grolsch bottle gaskets as strap-locks and I've never gone back.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:05 pm

Achtane wrote:Sonidero turned me on to the idea of using Grolsch bottle gaskets as strap-locks and I've never gone back.

If it has a strap on it, it has grolsch locks around here.
...Also, from Sonidero :lol: Had the pleasure of consuming them together on more than one occasion

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:31 pm

Grolsch locks are so stupidly simple and effective that anything else seems inferior.

Also I'm partial to Souldier straps. I'm a small man and I need a short strap to sling 'em high.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:46 pm

greyscales wrote:I'm a small man and I need a short strap to sling 'em high.

Me too. I have my couch strap as short as it goes and wish it had a bit more room for adjustment.
Post a reply