Guitar Straps

Moderators: Ghost Hip, metalmariachi

Re: Guitar Straps

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:27 pm

I'm 6'3" and I wear them high AF like Tom Morello .. I just always enjoyed the way my left arm feels (more like wrist) fretting with it up higher. I can't do the Korn or the Zakk Wyldie
BetterOffShred

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:19 am

I usually wear my guitar at gut level so I push out some sweet vape clouds when I dig in for a solo.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

committed
committed

Postby JTurbide » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:08 am

got two leather strap from different local ''leather worker'' (if that makes sense). So yeah two local handmade leather strap, I don't gig but when I jam or something I like them high too.
JTurbide

committed
committed

Postby Jero » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:18 am

BetterOffShred wrote:I'm 6'3" and I wear them high AF like Tom Morello .. I just always enjoyed the way my left arm feels (more like wrist) fretting with it up higher. I can't do the Korn or the Zakk Wyldie

So much this. I'm only 6" but still can't do the down low thing.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:51 pm

High up guitar means my right hand doesn't need to work as hard, except when I need to hit the strings a bit harder. People that play really low seem to have to constantly hammer away and then hit a stomp to change dynamics which isn't how I play these days.
JTurbide wrote:got two leather strap from different local ''leather worker'' (if that makes sense). So yeah two local handmade leather strap, I don't gig but when I jam or something I like them high too.

There's a leather worker (tanner? :idk: ) just started up near me and I was wondering if they'd be up for doing guitar straps.
MechaGodzilla

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:34 pm

i generally tend to use Levy's 2" suede straps, because apparently i'm a basic bitch. i can't use wider straps because they cut off the circulation in my narrow shoulder/neck area. i wear the guitar fairly high because otherwise the right wrist goes all wonky/carpal tunnel-y.
"the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder"--Richard J. Daley

"go home, 2018, you're drunk"--Jake Tapper

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Sooo, my job got some really nice new guitar straps, and I got an LP, so I relented and got some new straps.

My back thanks me.

As for height, I used to wear my shit super low, still do for bass. For guitar I try to find a happy medium.
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby OldGeorge » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:34 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:
greyscales wrote:I'm a small man and I need a short strap to sling 'em high.

Me too. I have my couch strap as short as it goes and wish it had a bit more room for adjustment.

I'm a fat man and like the room :thumb: oddly though each guitar has to have it's own special spot... No 2 guitars sit at the same height. No even my 2 Los strangely enough
OldGeorge

committed
committed

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:33 pm

That's a good point. I like my neck heavy SG a little lower than the rest.. I think it's because I hold the neck even higher to compensate.
BetterOffShred

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby imJonWain » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:50 pm

I play guitars pretty high, mid chest usually. I find it the most comfortable for my arms and it makes heavy guitars easy to deal with.
Thats hella tight dude

Sometimes I get so upset that I don't have a goth gf I put on type-o-negative and jerk off.
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to Guitar and Bass