Custom Pickgaurds

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Custom Pickgaurds

Postby Mudfuzz » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:08 pm

waltdogg wrote:Tools I don't have and money that I could just spend on a properly made replacement. I think I've made my decision. I just need to stop being lazy and go buy an envelope. I'll have Pickguardian cut me one, then after I get the original back with the new guard I'll still send it to my friend just to see what he can do.

It's a good way to go, I don't like making the things unless I have to… fucking plastic gets all over everything and they are so easy to mess up unless you are set up for it.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:33 pm

Totally agree with you both. That's why I haven't done it in 10 years.

I was just lining out my work flow to kinda show a more refined way to do it if you had to (and to point out problem I had along the way).
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby waltdogg » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:07 pm

I really appreciate it actually. It's what was helped me realize there's no way I'd get it right.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:16 pm

lordgalvar wrote:Totally agree with you both. That's why I haven't done it in 10 years.

I was just lining out my work flow to kinda show a more refined way to do it if you had to (and to point out problem I had along the way).

:hug: I haven't done one in about a year.. and what I was doing was more on the fun side messing with under coating plexi, I found the easy fast way to deal with edges is instead of sanding them you just paint on some super glue, looks like you spent hours polishing the thing :thumb:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:43 am

I did something like that with nail polish, but never thought about superglue! Awesome idea man. It was hours of polishing that stupid edge...(and to get the melted black color off where the dremel got too hot...just glad I have a router now...dremels are useless for 99% of jobs).

Yea, it was totally for fun back then just to see if I could do it with the dremel my mom got me...

But then my friend was like cut me a pick guard for my warwick with two sheets of clear lexan and lamiate in pictures. (he wanted extra electronics in his warwick and the screws were falling out of that pickguard). Found out the hard way those warwicks were made with somekind of compressed cardboard...yea, I was done "modding" for a while...until he convinced me to paint a whammy chrome and a space station tie die...haha, not good.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to Guitar and Bass