Can anyone identify this bass pls?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Can anyone identify this bass pls?

Postby colin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:16 am

I think this is the first time I've seen Chankgeez stumped by an obscure guitar/bass. :lol:

I have absolutely no idea what it is either.
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:38 am

:lol: Thanks, Colin.

Yeah, I watched that vid a few more times and it seems the bass may not be quite as early as I though. It could be anywhere from '60s to '90s. I really just don't know. Now, I'm thinking that bridge may be original. Which would date the bass to sometime in the '70s at the earliest. :idk:
(Interestingly enough, you can get a better look at the bass with the sound turned off. :D)
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby KaosCill8r » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:33 pm

Maybe it is some kind of bitza put together by someone in a big name guitar factory. That kind of thing used to happen at the maton factory back in the day when Bill May ran the show. Or maybe some companies one off prototype that never went into production. It is tough to tell watching the video. The video is kinda crazy. Fits the song well though.
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Return to Guitar and Bass