Squier Winning Again: VM Baritone Jazzmaster

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Squier Winning Again: VM Baritone Jazzmaster

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:43 am

Not into the finish, the bridge, the jack nor the scale length. But it's nice to see them try out new things.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby spacelordmother » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:24 am

Disarm D'arcy wrote:Not into the finish, the bridge, the jack nor the scale length. But it's nice to see them try out new things.

:lol:
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Hyphen Nation » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:57 am

Route a JM trem on this thing? I know it's done with the other hard tail models.
Hyphen Nation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby xrleroyx » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:20 pm

Anyone scoop one of these?
Olin wrote:
$harkToootth wrote:This Corgan guy sounds like a real soy boy to me...

Someone please send this to Billy every day until all his pent-up rage erupts, his head turns to actual chrome and he engages his final form: Ultimo-Corgon, where he finally starts to hate fuck every skyscraper in Japan demanding an explanation, weeping tears of mercury down on the innocent bystanders below while proclaiming to be the greatest musician of all time, including the future.
xrleroyx

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:29 pm

skullservant wrote:Personally I think it'd be awesome to put a black guard with the Antigua

That sounded so good that I had to do some shitty photoshop work. Guess what? You were right! :love:

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby WayToHip » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:29 pm

With a black pickgaurd, it looks less awful.
I'm too broke to afford another guitar or VI, but if I had the time and money, I'd throw some active pickups and a preamp in it then start wearing a wizard's hat.
B/c wizards are doom, right? :idk:
Tom Dalton wrote:"I want to be as big as I can if it's going to stop a bullet."
WayToHip

experienced
experienced

Postby rfurtkamp » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:54 pm

If wizards are doom, then I am so on my way to the brutz.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:55 am

Man, that black and Antigua has me thinking I should get one of these instead of a squier vi.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PetZounds » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:15 pm

I wonder if you could slap one of these necks on a normal VM JM body?
I guess it depends on how the bridge is positioned vs. a normal JM.
PetZounds

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:31 am

just out of curiosity - could this bari be tuned to Bass VI tuning or is the scale too sort for that?
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:07 am

DarkAxel wrote:just out of curiosity - could this bari be tuned to Bass VI tuning or is the scale too sort for that?

Same scale length as the Bass VI. Probably the same exact neck as the Squier Bass VI. Should be able to swap the right strings, though you probably need to widen the nut slots and may need to adjust the truss rod.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rfurtkamp » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:43 am

Yea, assume it's a factory partsocaster (the original run of the Squier "Jazzmaster" with those horrible features, painted antigua + a VI neck).
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:08 pm

Gone Fission wrote:
DarkAxel wrote:just out of curiosity - could this bari be tuned to Bass VI tuning or is the scale too sort for that?

Same scale length as the Bass VI. Probably the same exact neck as the Squier Bass VI. Should be able to swap the right strings, though you probably need to widen the nut slots and may need to adjust the truss rod.

oh sit, didn't realize that!

shouldn't have asked

I really want one now :lol: I hope i get to play one some day :)
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Played one of these today.

Love/hate relationship. The neck plays awesomely. There was some marking on the binding of the neck that was kind of disappointing on a brand new guitar. Whatever though.
Would like it better if it were in E Standard but because of the positioning of the bridge I'm not sure how possible that is. Might be a clusterfuck of intonation issues. I guess I really don't know enough about that to be sure.

Antigua finish looks awesome. NEEDS black pick guard and black pickup covers. Would like fucking sweet.

SUPER FUCKING LIGHT. I ended up buying a new Telecaster and the Tele felt like it was waaaay heavier. Kinda crazy.

The reason I definitely didn't buy it... That fucking pickup selector switch. Definitely got in the way any time I was in the neck position. Big time bummer on that. Drove me fucking crazy. I think it has a swimming pool route, or it's at least routed and capable for the moving of a switch. In its current position if you strum a big chord while on the neck pickup you're probably in trouble.

I wasn't blown away buy the bridge either but I can take it or leave it. Would love for this to be an FSR Bass VI in Antigua with the changes listed. I didn't play it plugged in so now comment on pickups.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby KaosCill8r » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:57 am

Yeah they would of been better off putting that switch up the top near the fretboard like they did with the VM H/H Jaguars. And those bridges aren't too bad. They are a bitch to set the intonation but once set they are awesome.
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass