Squier Winning Again: VM Baritone Jazzmaster

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Squier Winning Again: VM Baritone Jazzmaster

Postby skullservant » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:14 pm

HUGE PICTURE:
NSFW: show

The Squier Vintage Modified Baritone Jazzmaster Antigua is a striking and unique instrument that is very special indeed. Though this may look similar to Squier's Vintage Modified Bass VI, which is somewhat ambiguous as to whether it's more of a bass or a guitar, this baritone is without a doubt a guitar through and through.

Solid Basswood Body
The Squier Jazzmaster body shape is characterised by a striking asymmetrical body with deep cutaways for improved upper fret access. The solid basswood body packs a powerful midrange punch, yet is surprisingly lightweight, which makes it a joy to play onstage. The cool and uncompromising Antigua finish will guarantee that you'll be the centre of attention onstage for all the right reasons.

Slender Maple Neck
Fitted to the body is the supple, lightly tinted maple neck, which has been shaped to the slender modern "C"-profile. Married to the neck is a rosewood fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets and pearloid block position inlays, and binding. The scale length along the neck is 30", making it longer that your average electric guitar neck. However, this allows the thicker strings to remain under tension, resonate fully, and thus optimises sustain.

Sparkling Electronics
The Vintage Modified Baritone Jazzmaster, is fitted with a pair of Duncan Designed JM-101N and JM-101B single coil soapbar pickups - with Alnico 5 magnets - in the neck and bridge positions respectively. The powerful Alnico 5 magnets guarantee a smooth output whether you dial the Master Volume switch back or decide to crank out the power. The Master Tone control allows you to shape the tonal output for both pickups, and a 3-position toggle switch allows you to select between each one pickup or create a blend of both.

Everything about the Squier Vintage Modified Baritone Jazzmaster sets it apart from the rest, from the striking Antigua finish to the rich tonal complexity generated by the deeper tuning capabilities. If you're looking for a model that is as versatility as your playing style, then this model was made for you.
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Squier Winning Again: VM Baritone Jazzmaster

Postby Holy Schnikes » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:25 pm

Antigua is a love or hate finish. I love it personally.
univalve wrote:Boner on Fire Wallet Panties!
Holy Schnikes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eivind August » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:28 pm

That looks stunning! Not that into baritones, but this might be a good chance to learn the ways of darkness.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:28 pm

Fuck me, just as I'm starting to think I need a baritone. One of these might be in my future? If they keep up being this good I'll probably play nothing but squiers, jesus.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby skullservant » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Yeah, I think it is love/hate as well for Antigua. Personally I think it'd be awesome to put a black guard with the Antigua, but that's just personal preference. I LOVE that they are pretty much saying 'screw it' and doing whatever they feel like with these oddball finishes. It's great to see.

I think I saw them on presale for 300 pounds! Wonder what they will be over here.
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:36 pm

Oooo you're right £300. Damn I'm tempted...

We'll see. I agree I think a black guard would look super hot. Or maybe white pearloid or something dumb.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby skullservant » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:45 pm

I also think that it is interesting that they are making it 30" scale instead of something between 27-28". But, it makes senese, they can just use their Bass VI necks and not have another size to have to worry about manufacturing. Might also be a cool option for those who want a non-traditional Bass VI. I would rock this in E-E tuning any day
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:09 pm

skullservant wrote:Might also be a cool option for those who want a non-traditional Bass VI. I would rock this in E-E tuning any day

This is what I was thinking. I need to try the squier bass vi first, but that 30 inch scale is right up my alley.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby doommeow » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:17 pm

Antigua. Not into, bordering on hate.
Calling something a Jazzmaster but not having a trem. :mad:

I'm all for cheap baritones and cheap JM/jags/offsets, but so far I'm putting this in the meh/fail column
doommeow

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby skullservant » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:26 pm

I think that's one of the things that I never quite understood about Bass VI's and their trems. I classify a Bass VI as more of a bass than a guitar. I feel like I play extended scale a bit differently than regular guitar. And I just can't wrap my head around the trem system. In my mind it is almost like sticking a trem on a legit 4 string bass, a little bit silly. But I guess if people are using it more in a guitar sense, I understand it a little more. But that's just me. I guess I'm weird with basses having trems haha
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:09 pm

Man a 30" hardtail baritone jazzy sounds awesome but something about the strat jack and pickguard makes me cringe about that guitar.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bellyheart » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:43 pm

I use to love Antigua and I still do. The switch is in a weird place, but it'll do. Loved the squier baritone. Sure this will be great as well.
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby foomanfat » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:54 pm

Man, I love antigua and want a hardtail offset baritone, but they lost me with the scale length and silly pickguard/switch/jack placement. This could have been my dream girl.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby KaosCill8r » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:22 pm

I can't say I'm a fan of the colour scheme. Have no complaints with anything else. I have the same hardtail bridge on my squire vm jaguar. Good bridge once it is setup properly, but it is a total prick to set the intonation. Takes ages. Never played a baritone or a bass VI so I can't comment on that.
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:57 am

fuck it all.
i need this in my life.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to Guitar and Bass