"BEATER" guitars...lets see em



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: "BEATER" guitars...lets see em

Postby friendship » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:43 pm

Jero wrote:Everything on it seems good. Just a bit of gook on the frets and various other places, rusted screws, etc. The nut of course seems really cheap. Need to get different knobs (can't stand those typical metal type), and a vibrato arm once I figure out which one is correct ( :poke: ) .
Also, I'm going to refinish it...or sticker it. Haven't decided yet.
I have $48 in it as of now.


You could cover the body with reflective things, like Syd Barrett's Telecaster. :idea:

Aquietcabin1978 wrote:Parts Thinline Tele Beater.


That thing looks awesommmme. Tell me more about the parts.
actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3197
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: "BEATER" guitars...lets see em

Postby kosta » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:40 pm

Looks awesome. Nice little finesse move.
Object Object : Bandcamp | Soundcloud
A lil dreamy, a lil noisy.
kosta

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 5390
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:00 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: "BEATER" guitars...lets see em

Postby foomanfat » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:36 pm

Image
Image
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 5739
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: "BEATER" guitars...lets see em

Postby Cisco » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:38 pm

foomanfat wrote:Image


Groovy.
Cisco

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:16 pm
Location: Dago

Re: "BEATER" guitars...lets see em

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:48 pm

@friendship: Thanks yo. Allparts TRO62 veneer board neck, peach state guitars body ( reranch finish ) Heavy Air double slug Divebomb in the bridge and a late 70's/early 80's Dimarzio SD in the neck.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha


Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Nowhere Burbs of Chicago.

Re: "BEATER" guitars...lets see em

Postby Chuckchuck » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:25 pm

ThurberMingus wrote:I guess the closest thing I have to a beater is my newly "Bass VI'd" Tele
Image
I've had that lil darling since I was 14, and I just put the neck on it a couple of days ago!

Tight. That's all it takes is 30" scale neck? & strings of course.
Chuckchuck

experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 621
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:57 am

Re: "BEATER" guitars...lets see em

Postby Chuckchuck » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:50 pm

No pic but I have a cheap Tele converted to Esquire. I wouldn't recommend Affinity line. Flexible neck.
Chuckchuck

experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 621
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:57 am

Re: "BEATER" guitars...lets see em

Postby ThurberMingus » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:01 am

Chuckchuck wrote:
ThurberMingus wrote:I guess the closest thing I have to a beater is my newly "Bass VI'd" Tele
Image
I've had that lil darling since I was 14, and I just put the neck on it a couple of days ago!

Tight. That's all it takes is 30" scale neck? & strings of course.

You got it! Look into DC Kunkle, he has necks on eBay pretty frequently!
neonblack wrote:SELL IT!

Don't form emotional bonds with metal boxes.

Live like me. Flip everything. Romanticize nothing. Accomplish nothing.

lost in music wrote:Digivolve into champions!
ThurberMingus

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:04 pm

Re: "BEATER" guitars...lets see em

Postby MrNovember » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:47 am

What's a good source for cheap beater guitar bodies?

Preferably something offset or a tele style. I have all the other parts (2x P90s, a neck, various pots and caps, a couple bridges)
MrNovember

User avatar
Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF
 
Posts: 3498
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:24 pm
Location: GTA

Re: "BEATER" guitars...lets see em

Postby Jero » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:26 am

MrNovember wrote:What's a good source for cheap beater guitar bodies?

Preferably something offset or a tele style. I have all the other parts (2x P90s, a neck, various pots and caps, a couple bridges)

Guitarfetish is one
Jero

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 9819
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:12 am
Location: here

Re: "BEATER" guitars...lets see em

Postby MrNovember » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:14 am

Jero wrote:
MrNovember wrote:What's a good source for cheap beater guitar bodies?

Preferably something offset or a tele style. I have all the other parts (2x P90s, a neck, various pots and caps, a couple bridges)

Guitarfetish is one

Oh man, not sure the neck I have would fit, but everything else I have would: http://www.guitarfetish.com/LP-Special- ... 12058.html
MrNovember

User avatar
Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF
 
Posts: 3498
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:24 pm
Location: GTA

Re: "BEATER" guitars...lets see em

Postby friendship » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:40 am

Aquietcabin1978 wrote:@friendship: Thanks yo. Allparts TRO62 veneer board neck, peach state guitars body ( reranch finish ) Heavy Air double slug Divebomb in the bridge and a late 70's/early 80's Dimarzio SD in the neck.


Nice. How do you feel about that neck?
actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3197
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: "BEATER" guitars...lets see em

Postby Chuckchuck » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:51 pm

ThurberMingus wrote:
Chuckchuck wrote:
ThurberMingus wrote:I guess the closest thing I have to a beater is my newly "Bass VI'd" Tele
I've had that lil darling since I was 14, and I just put the neck on it a couple of days ago!

Tight. That's all it takes is 30" scale neck? & strings of course.

You got it! Look into DC Kunkle, he has necks on eBay pretty frequently!

Thank you
Chuckchuck

experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 621
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:57 am

Re: "BEATER" guitars...lets see em

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:23 pm

The TRO 62 is a super rad neck. It is more of a modern thin C profile. It's not as burly as the TRO or TRO Fat.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha


Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Nowhere Burbs of Chicago.

Re: "BEATER" guitars...lets see em

Postby ThurberMingus » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:07 pm

MrNovember wrote:What's a good source for cheap beater guitar bodies?

Preferably something offset or a tele style. I have all the other parts (2x P90s, a neck, various pots and caps, a couple bridges)

Go on eBay and get a used Squier body!
neonblack wrote:SELL IT!

Don't form emotional bonds with metal boxes.

Live like me. Flip everything. Romanticize nothing. Accomplish nothing.

lost in music wrote:Digivolve into champions!
ThurberMingus

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:04 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.