"BEATER" guitars...lets see em

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: "BEATER" guitars...lets see em

Postby MrNovember » Fri May 02, 2014 11:55 am

I love this thread. I want a beater guitar so bad. Been cruising kijiji looking for one at a good price for awhile

Edit: I used to have an old beater Ibanez:
2948_84009468360_985722_n.jpg
2948_84009468360_985722_n.jpg (56.52 KiB) Viewed 4047 times

I actually managed to sell that for a reasonable price somehow
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby WORMDIRT » Fri May 02, 2014 1:15 pm

This thread is great. I'm glad people have the same affinity for beaters as I do.
Gardens
Daniel Plainview
Sick Sweat

AxAxSxS wrote:Open House Upper Decker Blumpkin would be the ultimate life achievement.
WORMDIRT

committed
committed

Postby BoatRich » Fri May 02, 2014 1:22 pm

WORMDIRT wrote:This thread is great. I'm glad people have the same affinity for beaters as I do.

All instruments should be beaters, it just looks impersonal to me when things are too clean/fancy.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Fri May 02, 2014 10:59 pm

dase wrote:Image

How did I miss this? I love that finish and pickguard combo. It's one of the best.
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby frigid midget » Mon May 05, 2014 6:48 am

Chankgeez wrote:I think that's pretty hot.

How're those pickups?

They work :idk:

Hard to tell how they compare to real gibson mini hums. I used to have a LP Deluxe, but that's such a different guitar I can't really tell how much of the difference is due to the electronics.

I like em better than the stock P100s, they're somewhat more single coil -like I guess. But I'm really too much of a fender fan boy to truely love a low end gibson, regardless of the pups that are in it...
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon May 05, 2014 10:36 am

A true beater.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby patrickviolence » Mon May 05, 2014 11:19 am

MrNovember wrote:I love this thread. I want a beater guitar so bad. Been cruising kijiji looking for one at a good price for awhile

bassist in my old band had one of these and broke it in half at a show
patrickviolence

involved
involved

Postby MrNovember » Mon May 05, 2014 12:05 pm

patrickviolence wrote:
MrNovember wrote:I love this thread. I want a beater guitar so bad. Been cruising kijiji looking for one at a good price for awhile

Fitting end to one of these basses. They're playable but not that great and definitely not worth much
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby morange » Mon May 05, 2014 2:48 pm

Sad story, tried to rout a hole for a new pickup in my nice tele, lost control and put a couple dings in it. Oh well. NGD passeth away into beater night.
morange

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby patrickviolence » Mon May 05, 2014 7:09 pm

MrNovember wrote:
patrickviolence wrote:

Fitting end to one of these basses. They're playable but not that great and definitely not worth much

it wasnt the end. we needed something to bring on a plane so we taped it back up and brought it with us. when it didnt work he just dropped it and left it in baltimore
patrickviolence

involved
involved

Postby MrNovember » Mon May 05, 2014 8:07 pm

patrickviolence wrote:
MrNovember wrote:
patrickviolence wrote:

it wasnt the end. we needed something to bring on a plane so we taped it back up and brought it with us. when it didnt work he just dropped it and left it in baltimore

:lol: even better!
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby van_muddlestein » Sat May 10, 2014 5:36 pm

frigid midget wrote:Bought it cheap, I dont sherish it cause I don't like it half as much as my other geetars, it won't sell for more than $200, and I threw in super cheap GFS pickups...
So it qualifies as a beater, right? Sorry about the double post btw, I just poluted the "show your guitar" thread with this pic...

Dude I would rock that as a main guitar in a heartbeat. For real. That thing looks sick. If you ever want to get rid of it I've got a strat and a fuzz I'd trade for it.

I only own 1 guitar and it's definitely a beater.

van_muddlestein

committed
committed

Postby sonidero » Sat May 10, 2014 6:33 pm

I got this set-up for a lil over $100 while on the road and I drive around with it in the back of the pickup so I guess it's my Beater...

Road SG.jpg
Road SG.jpg (133.68 KiB) Viewed 3863 times
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Swordfishtrombone » Sun May 11, 2014 1:27 am

Blacktop Jaguar that has been modded quite a bit. GFS Teisco styled tail piece, GFS Surf 90s and a kill switch have been added so far.

SX Tele copy that hasn't been messed with yet, but that's only cus I just got it on Thursday. I'm pretty sure that I'll be routing for a GFS minihumbucker and I'll definitely be adding a three saddle bridge to it. Don't even want a three saddle one for the mojo, they're just one of the only bridge styles that I've played that are comfortable for me to palm mute on.

Both are tuned to C right now. Some of you might remember the Jaguar being tuned to B, but I've been coming up with a bit of stuff that used keyboard and guitar in the same song, and I'm too shit at keyboard to bother trying to work things out in positions that are comfortable for me to play in on guitar. :facepalm:

Edit: SX Tele has CAR finish. I didn't notice til just now that it looks really off because of shit webcam quality. :lol:
Swordfishtrombone

committed
committed

Postby frigid midget » Sun May 11, 2014 7:42 am

van_muddlestein wrote:
frigid midget wrote:Bought it cheap, I dont sherish it cause I don't like it half as much as my other geetars, it won't sell for more than $200, and I threw in super cheap GFS pickups...
So it qualifies as a beater, right? Sorry about the double post btw, I just poluted the "show your guitar" thread with this pic...

Dude I would rock that as a main guitar in a heartbeat. For real. That thing looks sick. If you ever want to get rid of it I've got a strat and a fuzz I'd trade for it.

Thanks. Looks nice, sounds good, plays smooth. Low action, comfy neck. I'm a total fender guy though, I'd definatelly trade it for a strat if that were at all possible. I'm in Europe though, I'm guessing the s&h would ruin the deal for the both of us:s
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass