Let's see your BASS VI, people

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your BASS VI, people

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:23 am

Like put the circuit inside the bass vi so it's active? Neato. I think whether you think the strangle is superfluous depends on whether you use it now! I use it sometimes but other people hate it. Do you ever like the thin sound of it? If not, trying something else could be fun. Something I'm going to do to my jag when I get a chance is to tape a contact mic somewhere on the body and have the extra switch turn it on (I don't even have the jag strangle switch hooked up to do anything right now because I wasn't a fan). That might sound cool.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby JonnyAngle » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:47 am

Yeah I want o make it active basically. i don't really use the strangle, but thre so many other options with a blank switch
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:32 pm

What are you guys' favourite fuzz for the VI? For chords I've found the Algal bloom to work really well. It keeps the notes separated, but on the down side it's not very aggressive/prominent.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:40 pm

Muff style fuzz are cool, very heavy. I like the 141G for synthish stuff though.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:43 pm

Yeah, the 141G is awesome for single note madness. What's your muff(twss)? Pharaoh?
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:51 pm

Pharaoh mostly yeah. But I have some custom one made by a very talented friend for diversity. It allows me to switch different part of the circuit to Triangle / Creamery Dreamer / or custom values. Can also switch the clipping to stock, germanium or bypass. And the EQ has as specially tuned VI mode that will just blast your ears off. Pretty cool pedal. It's one right next to the EHx LBM.

Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BoatRich » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:54 pm

I mainly use a Supercollider stacked with a tubescreamer, but I've also found superfuzz circuits to be really fun. I want a Dwarfcraft TGD because I think it would fit well.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:55 pm

DD: That sounds great! VS demo? ;) ;) ;)

BoatRich: Oh, I have a TGD (or, secret destroyer, but pretty much the same thing). It needs some love and care to come back to life, but I imagine it would sound pretty good with a VI. :joy:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:04 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:DD: That sounds great! VS demo? ;) ;) ;)

BoatRich: Oh, I have a TGD (or, secret destroyer, but pretty much the same thing). It needs some love and care to come back to life, but I imagine it would sound pretty good with a VI. :joy:

It really does. Secret Destroyer is my favourite fuzz for bass VI. Also for a lot of other things. Just so damned nasty.
Mines having some weird issues too, sometimes I switch it on and it's super quiet. If I tap on it a few times it goes back to full volume.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby neonblack » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:06 pm

I'm using a Mini as my main dirt right now. It sounds great on the VI as either an OD or medium gain fuzz. I'm grabbing a Buzzz in the near future for some wide-open goodness and a Magnetar for synthy stuff.

Suboctave Fuzzes are fun on the VI too since you have the extended high end to play around on. Keeps you grounded in the bass range while still letting you explore the top strings.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:07 pm

MrNovember wrote:

It really does. Secret Destroyer is my favourite fuzz for bass VI. Also for a lot of other things. Just so damned nasty.
Mines having some weird issues too, sometimes I switch it on and it's super quiet. If I tap on it a few times it goes back to full volume.

Its probably static buildup. Just tap it without clicking it a few times before you play and it should help.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BoatRich » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:21 pm

MrNovember wrote:

That seals it then, between drone mangling and heavy VI fuzz I definitely need one.

Neon: how close are the Fuck and the mini? Because I just picked up a Fuck to go at the end of my board and I'm thinking a Mini may need to replace my OCD
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby neonblack » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:11 pm

BoatRich wrote:
MrNovember wrote:

That seals it then, between drone mangling and heavy VI fuzz I definitely need one.

Neon: how close are the Fuck and the mini? Because I just picked up a Fuck to go at the end of my board and I'm thinking a Mini may need to replace my OCD

There is a little overlap in tones, but they are definitely much different animals. I think the Fuck excels at light, always on OD with the crackle for bursts of nastiness. The mini is great for chunky OD, sputtery fuzz, and abrasive lo fi tones. The bias knob is a different animal than the crackle on the fuck, and there's just a hair more bass on the Mini, along with a little better tone shaping.

Both is the answer! But I prefer Mini over Fuck for my purposes. I want another Mini.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:14 pm

neonblack wrote:
BoatRich wrote:
MrNovember wrote:

There is a little overlap in tones, but they are definitely much different animals. I think the Fuck excels at light, always on OD with the crackle for bursts of nastiness. The mini is great for chunky OD, sputtery fuzz, and abrasive lo fi tones. The bias knob is a different animal than the crackle on the fuck, and there's just a hair more bass on the Mini, along with a little better tone shaping.

Both is the answer! But I prefer Mini over Fuck for my purposes. I want another Mini.

+1 I was just typing up this exact same response. Except I find the Fuck more useful for my purposes :lol:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:30 pm

I like the Algal Bloom a lot for chords too, but I find the same thing, that it isn't beefy enough when playing basslines. I use a TAFM for heavier stuff and I like that a lot, just like I like it on everything :lol:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass