Greetings from PureSalem Guitars ...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Greetings from PureSalem Guitars ...

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:03 pm

Ha HA. It's fine. I definitely do like elements of these guitars. They're derivative of older designs. That's probably why I kinda like 'em. I'm in no danger of buying a Pure Salem. So, yeah, there's a lot of nostalgia at work. Not sure there's much more than that going on though. Difficult to say. Especially when no one answers questions.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby PeteeBee » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:22 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Ha HA. It's fine. I definitely do like elements of these guitars. They're derivative of older designs. That's probably why I kinda like 'em. I'm in no danger of buying a Pure Salem. So, yeah, there's a lot of nostalgia at work. Not sure there's much more than that going on though. Difficult to say. Especially when no one answers questions.

Oh I very much assumed you were never actually bent out of shape about it. Just funny. It does seem weird how they don't respond. That's no way to grow a business. Or maybe it is and we just aren't really the specific target audience.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:36 pm

I don't know, I mean, I can understand how busy people are when getting a new business off the ground. You definitely don't wanna overextend yourself on social media/forums though. I think it's counterproductive. ILF may not really be the target market. Who knows?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby zeravla » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:30 pm

I feel like their designs would do well here if we were engaged properly. They probably don't really check here very often. It wouldn't surprise me if a similar thread is on every gear forum. And since most people probably consider this forum just a bunch of weirdos jerking off to only fuzzboxes we're maybe not a priority?

Which is sad because can you imagine if more instrument makers listened to us bunch of weirdos?
I mean, they'd probably lose money on lots of crazy ass designs, but it would be glorious!
zeravla

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:51 pm

Yeah, maybe their less expensive models would hold some interest if they'd take the time/effort to nurture a customer base here. :idk: :hello:

As it stands now, they'd have to blow me to garner some interest.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bob the r0bot » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:50 pm

Did they jack the prices at some point? I could have sworn the wood soul and reverberation used to be in the sevens.
soundcloud................https://soundcloud.com/datingsite
My vanity label.............https://newemotive.bandcamp.com/releases (new stuff added 12/4/16)

Check out my rack.........https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/178913
kusherment wrote:Weed is kushed by hitting other weed.
bob the r0bot

Supporter
Supporter

Postby potatofarmer » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:22 pm

I really like that they build every model lefty, but they are a little rich for my blood.

I know Rondo recently had to raise prices on Agiles so maybe they come from the same Korean factory.
potatofarmer

interested
interested

Postby Twangasaurus » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:59 pm

Yeah, they have definitely bumped the prices up a bit. I don't know about their business or anything but that large a jump seems like a bad idea, puts them in territory with some pretty heavy competition. Before their aesthetic and price put them in the "bit of fun, will take the risk and hope the guitar doesn't suck" category. Not sure that is the case anymore.
Lobstrosity wrote:Dad-a-chum? Dod-a-chock?
Twangasaurus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby karmablock » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:27 am

The new prices killed them for me.
karmablock

experienced
experienced

Postby Sparrow » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:09 pm

Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goroth » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:48 am

Twangasaurus wrote:Yeah, they have definitely bumped the prices up a bit. I don't know about their business or anything but that large a jump seems like a bad idea, puts them in territory with some pretty heavy competition. Before their aesthetic and price put them in the "bit of fun, will take the risk and hope the guitar doesn't suck" category. Not sure that is the case anymore.

My feelings exactly.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby foomanfat » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:28 pm

Man, I really wish they hadn't jacked up their prices, because...

I enjoyed the Woodsoul, when I had it, but it was also had for nearly half the price now.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to Guitar and Bass