Harvester Guitars

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Harvester Guitars

Postby harvester » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:52 pm

hey fellers !

i see my thread has been taken over by all things purple !
yes this will ship out on monday.

i'll do a lazy iphone run through of the sounds before then if i can.
gotta mess with the wiring a little in the BTB circuit before then and give the purpleness another polish

more project pix soon,

cheers, AP
harvester

involved
involved

Postby PetZounds » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:24 pm

backwardsvoyager wrote:Image

just about to be shipped

*tears of joy*

These pics needed to be on the next page.
Fuck.

I'm super stoked that you are going to own this amazing guitar.
It's so gorgeous.
PetZounds

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:30 pm

HorseyBoy wrote:
backwardsvoyager wrote:I will definitely be posting a long-ass review here when i get it and have a little while to get accustomed. Don't have a video camera unless an iPhone counts but i'll like record some decent audio demos and put them on soundcloud going through the different sounds and how it plays with pedals etc :thumb:

I just randomly thought up the specs for this in the space of about 5 minutes and 10 months later everything is still perfect, i can not think of a single change i would make to it as it is, i get to play a show in 2 weeks just before i go overseas so i can't wait to put it to the test.

Dude, is that show going to be in Sydney? Let me know where and when and I'll come and stare at that guitar all night. I'll also listen to the set :lol:

yeah man, 8pm saturday November 1st @ Goodgod small club if you wanna come hang out, same goes for you Tom!
https://www.facebook.com/events/547506398710629/
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby colin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:53 pm

That is an absolutely gorgeous guitar! I've been planning that my next guitar would probably be a Bilt, but I'm thinking maybe a Harvester instead! Not that it's going to happen anytime soon.
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby HorseyBoy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:48 am

harvester wrote:hey fellers !

i see my thread has been taken over by all things purple !
yes this will ship out on monday.

i'll do a lazy iphone run through of the sounds before then if i can.
gotta mess with the wiring a little in the BTB circuit before then and give the purpleness another polish

more project pix soon,

cheers, AP

Yes, please! More! More! I definitely see a Serie Antonio in my future. It'd be un-Australian not to support a local builder.
I was in a giant shed full of vintage Italian guitars in Lavagna (near Genoa) earlier this year and didn't know where to look or what to pick up first:
http://www.hendrixguitars.com/InfoStore.htm
Like a lot of Italian collectors, Alberto (who runs the store from his home) preferred American guitars - he said Italian guitars were beautiful to look at and hang on walls, but not so good to play. But what you're doing seems like it's beautiful to look at AND play. Really inspirational stuff :thumb:
HorseyBoy

experienced
experienced

Postby goosekevin » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:18 am

backwardsvoyager wrote:
HorseyBoy wrote:
backwardsvoyager wrote:I will definitely be posting a long-ass review here when i get it and have a little while to get accustomed. Don't have a video camera unless an iPhone counts but i'll like record some decent audio demos and put them on soundcloud going through the different sounds and how it plays with pedals etc :thumb:

I just randomly thought up the specs for this in the space of about 5 minutes and 10 months later everything is still perfect, i can not think of a single change i would make to it as it is, i get to play a show in 2 weeks just before i go overseas so i can't wait to put it to the test.

Dude, is that show going to be in Sydney? Let me know where and when and I'll come and stare at that guitar all night. I'll also listen to the set :lol:

yeah man, 8pm saturday November 1st @ Goodgod small club if you wanna come hang out, same goes for you Tom!

Hell yeah! No promises, but I'll try and head down :) dig the new ep by the way! Can't wait to hear what you come up with with this under your fingers :snax:
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Holy Schnikes » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:07 pm

colin wrote:That is an absolutely gorgeous guitar! I've been planning that my next guitar would probably be a Bilt, but I'm thinking maybe a Harvester instead! Not that it's going to happen anytime soon.

Bilt makes some sexy stuff, esp the Zaftig. That said, if I were in the market for another guitar today Harvester would be my choice hands down. So many possibilities with custom options/styles plus the aluminum neck options he offers. Geez, I wouldn't even know where to begin.
univalve wrote:Boner on Fire Wallet Panties!
Holy Schnikes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby HorseyBoy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:29 am

goosekevin wrote:
backwardsvoyager wrote:yeah man, 8pm saturday November 1st @ Goodgod small club if you wanna come hang out, same goes for you Tom!

Hell yeah! No promises, but I'll try and head down :) dig the new ep by the way! Can't wait to hear what you come up with with this under your fingers :snax:

I'll try to get there, too. Really like Goodgod as a venue :thumb:
HorseyBoy

experienced
experienced

Postby HorseyBoy » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:53 am

Yeah, so I just couldn't stand it anymore and put a deposit on Harvester #42. I blame Anthony, backwardsvoyager, this thread and anybody who's ever really loved a guitar the way that only a guitar can be loved.
Three or four weeks away, but here she is:

Neck will be aluminium/paduak hybrid, 25" scale, 12" radius, 42mm at the nut to about 54mm at the end - pretty much Anthony's 'standard' hybrid neck. Bridge will be a Mastery M1 as opposed to the M5 (Ricky) to get 52mm spacing instead of 50mm.
There are a few options on the pickups (including Novak 'Narrow Range' P90s and mini-hums) but I've decided to go with the pups you see in the picture, which are Sentell MH03s, basically single coil pups in a mini-humbucker slot, Alnico 5 at the bridge and Alnico 2 at the neck. They're kind of Jazzmaster/P90-ish (Anthony's description). More details here: http://www.sentellpickups.net/mini-humbucker.html
I'll post pics and updates when I can.
HorseyBoy

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:46 am

:snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby skullservant » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:00 pm

Sentell pickups rule. That guitar's gonna rule. Really stoked for you dude.
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby HorseyBoy » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:33 pm

skullservant wrote:Sentell pickups rule. That guitar's gonna rule. Really stoked for you dude.

Happy to hear that about Sentell pups. I didn't know much about them but I think they're the ones Anthony had in mind all along and he seems to know what he's doing, so… :thumb:
HorseyBoy

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:45 pm

I think that's an understatement.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby greyscales » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:05 pm

Thank you for pointing out Sentell Pickups. They are doing some shit that I am very into.

And that Harvester is gorgeous already. Those fretboard dots are huge and awesome.
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby HorseyBoy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:01 am

Chankgeez wrote:I think that's an understatement.

Yes. Yes, it is. The thumbs-up was the closest I could get to an understatement emoticon.
HorseyBoy

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass