Current Happenings

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Current Happenings

Postby Nelson Instruments » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:44 pm

As a lot of you are probably aware I've been in the midst of a reboot and reworking of....well everything really.

One thing I've been thinking/ working a lot in is consolidating and streamlining my offerings and trying to zero in on the models that might hold the most potential.

With that being said I've made the decision to move away from all of my neck- through models.
The Grifter, while being a very recent addition, is the last neck- through guitar currently on my website but even though the new/ forthcoming Cosmonaut model will be more of an offset with bolted neck there are too many similarities between them and I want to eliminate redundancies.

So with that being said, I have 6 Grifters on hand (5 right handed and 1 lefty) and if anyone might be interested in one I'll offer them on a "down low" discount. ;-)

Going forward the proposed lineup is going to be:

Solid body: Cosmonaut
Semi solid: Provocateur
Semi hollow: Coquette
And a forthcoming hollowbody TBD

For basses I have the Paramount which I think I am going to transition to a set neck.

I have been planning a Cosmonaut bass which would be a bolt on neck bass and I will be making a prototype but if it ends up being an official offering will depend on if it ends up being too similar to the Paramount.

I am also thinking of officially offering the Coquette bass (semi hollow) but will wait until I have a couple more prototypes done and out the door to know how they are received.

I was thinking of doing a semi solid short scale bass and might make a prototype just for kicks but based on the extremely thin response I've been getting I'm just not sure it's worth it to offer one, but we'll see.

Thoughts? Questions? Personal problems? ;-)
Nelson Instruments

experienced
experienced

Postby PeteeBee » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:04 am

Color me interested to see what all happens. As I've said before, I don't think I'll ever pony up the money for a nice guitar, at least not until I am done with school, but I always enjoy your stuffs. Really interested to see the future hollow body.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chuckchuck » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:26 pm

Upgrade big MM style humbuckers on SX 6-string bass: need to route the pickup cavities & dremel the pickguard to fit them. It's been a while since I worked on this but now that I'm down to no basses I've got a fire under my ass.
Matt Freeman bass otw, will get BEAD strings when it arrives, possibly lighten the body if necessary. I do this by grinding down the back of the horns & body, sometimes the front--like an Aerodyne. It's basswood so I don't think it will require a body carve. Another quickie is to ditch the knobs and string tree for aluminum, but those are negligible.
Chuckchuck

experienced
experienced

Postby Chuckchuck » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:27 pm

Nelson Instruments wrote:As a lot of you are probably aware I've been in the midst of a reboot and reworking of....well everything really.

One thing I've been thinking/ working a lot in is consolidating and streamlining my offerings and trying to zero in on the models that might hold the most potential.

With that being said I've made the decision to move away from all of my neck- through models.
The Grifter, while being a very recent addition, is the last neck- through guitar currently on my website but even though the new/ forthcoming Cosmonaut model will be more of an offset with bolted neck there are too many similarities between them and I want to eliminate redundancies.

So with that being said, I have 6 Grifters on hand (5 right handed and 1 lefty) and if anyone might be interested in one I'll offer them on a "down low" discount. ;-)

Going forward the proposed lineup is going to be:

Solid body: Cosmonaut
Semi solid: Provocateur
Semi hollow: Coquette
And a forthcoming hollowbody TBD

For basses I have the Paramount which I think I am going to transition to a set neck.

I have been planning a Cosmonaut bass which would be a bolt on neck bass and I will be making a prototype but if it ends up being an official offering will depend on if it ends up being too similar to the Paramount.

I am also thinking of officially offering the Coquette bass (semi hollow) but will wait until I have a couple more prototypes done and out the door to know how they are received.

I was thinking of doing a semi solid short scale bass and might make a prototype just for kicks but based on the extremely thin response I've been getting I'm just not sure it's worth it to offer one, but we'll see.

Thoughts? Questions? Personal problems? ;-)

Cool instruments!
Chuckchuck

experienced
experienced

Postby Nelson Instruments » Mon May 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Here's a taste of the new stuff going on. First of all after a positive initial reception to the Paramount bass I've been working on refining the design. Here are a couple pics of the new style. I took the original design and just moved the lines around a bit.

Also over the years there have been a few folks that have suggested that the "classic" Nelson headstock design was not exciting to them. I figured the redesigned bass should get a redesigned headstock. So on the left you see the Classic headstock (which is obviously still available) and on the right you see the new "Dapper Dan" headstock. What do you think?

Nelson Instruments

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Mon May 23, 2016 10:12 pm

I like how it looks like something took a bite out of the headstock. :animal:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby ChetMagongalo » Tue May 24, 2016 3:07 am

looks nice! i like what you did with the paramount, I think it might look cooler if you rounded out the pointed corners on the pickguard
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyfalconX/videos
rustywire wrote:Post your battle jacket of wrong bands

psychic vampire. wrote:I believe all authorities should be destroyed?
ChetMagongalo

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Nelson Instruments » Tue May 24, 2016 9:35 pm

Thanks you two! I know the points on the guard aren't going to please everyone but I like 'em and think they add a nce visal contrast to the soft curves of the body AAANNNNNNDDDD with the new "Dapper Dan" headstock the points of the guard tie the headstock in better. :-)
Nelson Instruments

experienced
experienced

Postby morange » Wed May 25, 2016 7:31 am

Hey, nice moves.

morange

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ChetMagongalo » Wed May 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Nelson Instruments wrote:Thanks you two! I know the points on the guard aren't going to please everyone but I like 'em and think they add a nce visal contrast to the soft curves of the body AAANNNNNNDDDD with the new "Dapper Dan" headstock the points of the guard tie the headstock in better. :-)

I gotcha, I just love being picky :thumb:
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyfalconX/videos
rustywire wrote:Post your battle jacket of wrong bands

psychic vampire. wrote:I believe all authorities should be destroyed?
ChetMagongalo

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bronzetalon » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:33 am

This thing is looking killer

bronzetalon

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:17 pm

Looks like it wants a high five.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Nelson Instruments » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:35 pm

The bass pictured above will be painted satin black and will have a white guard with one pickup.
Here are a couple more. The mahogany bass is the only Nelson made of Honduran mahogany. I'm thinking of making it a satin cherry red, single pickup, and tortoise guard.

Nelson Instruments

experienced
experienced

Postby Nelson Instruments » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:49 am

Took a break from new work to work on getting this Coquette finished up. I'm in a bit of a financial bind at the moment and need to get at least SOMETHING sold. If you know anyone looking for a badass guitar this one is sporting a beautiful satin natural finish and will have a price tag of a mere $1095 plus shipping!

Nelson Instruments

experienced
experienced

Postby Eivind August » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:30 am

Oh shit. :love:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass