Pawn Shop 2.0 o_O



Moderators: metalmariachi, PumpkinPieces

Re: Pawn Shop 2.0 o_O

Postby Gone Fission » Sat May 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Nelson Instruments wrote:The offset special, to me, has a very musicman vibe to it.


True. Or very early G&L, like F-100 and the like.

EDIT: dang. I read Mustang Special. You're actually right about the Offset Special, but something about the pickups, pickguard, control plates and hardware of the Mustang Special look like old G&L and Musicman
Last edited by Gone Fission on Sat May 12, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
behndy wrote:nothing that will make you pee on a neighbor in delight, but good stuff.
Gone Fission

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:50 pm
Location: DC/MD

Re: Pawn Shop 2.0 o_O

Postby dubkitty » Sat May 12, 2012 3:28 pm

Nelson Instruments wrote:The offset special, to me, has a very musicman vibe to it.
Iwonder why we've never seen a japanese starcaster.... That would probably sell like hotcakes!


from your mouth to God's ears!
.

Bob Mould wrote:now i'm hardly getting over it
barely getting used to getting by


Damon Albarn wrote:it's where he is now
but it wasn't what he planned


Loni Love wrote:honesty is the best policy, but it isn't the best insurance policy


MAI LOOPS: https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 9069
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead

Re: Pawn Shop 2.0 o_O

Postby Holy Schnikes » Tue May 15, 2012 7:17 pm

dubkitty wrote:the Mustang Special looks like it could be the sleeper of the group; i assume the switches are single/dual/series for each PU. i'll bet it SCREAMS plugged into a dirty amp.

You are correct on all points!

hclapp219 wrote:How is the Mustang Special different from the one that's out already? Is it just the one new color?

I think that's about it.

Gunner Recall wrote:The blue/red mustangs had enforcers under WRHB covers...sunburst looks the same, though I see no specific mention of the pickup model though.
Hopefully it's the same because those enforcers rock :animal:

Those Enforcers are possible the most pleasantly surprised I've been from any stock pickup. Ever! :thumb:

Only thing I disliked about my Mustang was that lame Strat hard tail bridge which I replaced with a Toronado bridge. Perfect!

Image
univalve wrote:Boner on Fire Wallet Panties!
Holy Schnikes

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 6477
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:05 pm
Location: Taint Louis

Re: Pawn Shop 2.0 o_O

Postby Gone Fission » Tue May 15, 2012 10:02 pm

Holy Schnikes wrote:Only thing I disliked about my Mustang was that lame Strat hard tail bridge which I replaced with a Toronado bridge. Perfect!

Image


Now that looks right. So much that I won't even quibble/mention that a three-saddle DuoSonic bridge would look even better to me.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
behndy wrote:nothing that will make you pee on a neighbor in delight, but good stuff.
Gone Fission

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:50 pm
Location: DC/MD

Re: Pawn Shop 2.0 o_O

Postby Holy Schnikes » Wed May 16, 2012 12:51 am

Gone Fission wrote:
Holy Schnikes wrote:Only thing I disliked about my Mustang was that lame Strat hard tail bridge which I replaced with a Toronado bridge. Perfect!

Image


Now that looks right. So much that I won't even quibble/mention that a three-saddle DuoSonic bridge would look even better to me.

Thanks. It really does look better, no reason Fender shouldn't be slapping 'em on there stock.

As for the Duo Sonic bridge, I don't think it comes designed for string through bodies like that of the Mustang Special :idk: .
Either way, I prefer the 6-saddle to the 3 when it comes to functionality, mainly ease of intonation.
univalve wrote:Boner on Fire Wallet Panties!
Holy Schnikes

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 6477
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:05 pm
Location: Taint Louis

Re: Pawn Shop 2.0 o_O

Postby Ragged Trousers » Wed May 16, 2012 1:21 pm

Excuse to post my PS Mustang! :!!!: What gauge strings are on your's Schnikes?
Image
Ragged Trousers

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:55 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Pawn Shop 2.0 o_O

Postby Holy Schnikes » Wed May 16, 2012 2:35 pm

10-50 on Mustang but it's in standard E. Feels really nice, good low action, no buzz and just enough slop for my taste. 11-50 on other guitars tuned lower, probably try those out soon on Mustang as well, won't get too low with that gauge on shortscale though. :(
univalve wrote:Boner on Fire Wallet Panties!
Holy Schnikes

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 6477
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:05 pm
Location: Taint Louis

Re: Pawn Shop 2.0 o_O

Postby dubkitty » Wed May 16, 2012 5:31 pm

God, i'll bet playing one of those with my usual .010-.046 setup would make me feel like Jeff fucking Beck :rock:
.

Bob Mould wrote:now i'm hardly getting over it
barely getting used to getting by


Damon Albarn wrote:it's where he is now
but it wasn't what he planned


Loni Love wrote:honesty is the best policy, but it isn't the best insurance policy


MAI LOOPS: https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 9069
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead

Previous

Return to Guitar and Bass



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.