Electrical Guitar Company Guitars

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Electrical Guitar Company Guitars

Postby whoismarykelly » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:20 pm

Olin wrote:Got another one coming in. Acid dipped Tyranny with a Denison neck, I haven't seen any other fet necks Tyrannies so it's pretty exciting for me.

That must have been one of those custom order Tyrannys that people managed to order despite EGC supposedly not allowing them to be ordered since the spec for the Tyranny is supposed to be the thin neck. Seems the rules change every time someone asks.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:21 am

whoismarykelly wrote:
Olin wrote:Got another one coming in. Acid dipped Tyranny with a Denison neck, I haven't seen any other fet necks Tyrannies so it's pretty exciting for me.

That must have been one of those custom order Tyrannys that people managed to order despite EGC supposedly not allowing them to be ordered since the spec for the Tyranny is supposed to be the thin neck. Seems the rules change every time someone asks.

You are better off not ordering direct and waiting for "NGD...someday." Trust me. Just keep searching for used ones and follow/get notifications from EGC on Instagram for first chance to snag new builds before they hit Reverb. I always thought Tyrannies (sp?) were basically a quick easy way to make $2k but they also seemed to serve as the way to sell of experimental ideas, like acid dipped finishes. Perhaps the Denison neck was an experiment?
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Olin » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:01 am

They have a new guy responding to emails who so far has been about a billion times more reliable and responsive than Kevin. He's responded to every question within a day and hasn't ignored any questions like Kevin has the tendency to. Apparently this isn't the first Denison or Spencer Tyranny, if it was there would be a hefty fee for a first time run, so there are a few of them floating around somewhere. I think it has a lot more to do with EGC just refusing to update their website more than changing the rules, this is a custom order direct from EGC and they seemed to have no reservations at all with modifying the specs of a Tyranny.
I've had a crappy order with EGC in the past too, they took ages and ignored me but did in the end practically give me the product for the price of parts. I don't know what you mean about the Denison neck being an experiment though, it's on a fair few of their guitars and is a standard request on most models, acid dipped finishes are also available on everything and they've been doing them for a while :idk:

tl;dr: try emailing jason at electricalguitarcompany dot com instead of Kevin/through their site if you want to get anywhere.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:49 am

I mean there is always the first time trying a new idea. From my memory the first time I saw an acid dipped guitar was on a Tyranny but I could be wrong. Meant to say the Denison neck on a Tyranny could have been an experiment to check weight balance.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby whoismarykelly » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:13 pm

codetocontra wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:

You are better off not ordering direct and waiting for "NGD...someday." Trust me. Just keep searching for used ones and follow/get notifications from EGC on Instagram for first chance to snag new builds before they hit Reverb. I always thought Tyrannies (sp?) were basically a quick easy way to make $2k but they also seemed to serve as the way to sell of experimental ideas, like acid dipped finishes. Perhaps the Denison neck was an experiment?

Too late for that. I ordered a baritone in August.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:37 pm

:eek: :!!!: :yay: What body?
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby whoismarykelly » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:19 pm

codetocontra wrote::eek: :!!!: :yay: What body?

Standard 27.5" scale in black anodize. Dude said it could be around 6 months because its a common body shape but the anodize is the wildcard because they only send it out in batches of a color and lots of times it comes back with a finish that's not up to par for them.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:04 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby JonnyAngle » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:20 am

What is a tyranny model? I’m kinda picking up that its a unique body shape and not built to order. Just kind of a stock option. I love mine!

It has a clear adonized finish. Kinda want to powder coat it or adonized it black

Are these hard to take apart?
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:10 pm

Tyranny bodies are based on Veleno guitars.

Disassembly only requires Allen wrenches. I don't think it would be difficult but I never fully disassembled mine, at least never took the neck apart from the top half of the body.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby starmansam » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:53 am

Have any of you replaced the tuners on your EGCs? I've got one neck with locking tuners and one without, and I'm thinking about swapping in another set of locking tuners, but I don't know how viable that is. any experiences here?
starmansam

committed
committed

Postby TraceItalian » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:31 pm

Okay, just saw Hilbish post something called the Pripyat that they're testing for egc, I can't listen to it because I'm working and the patrons get pissy when I turn off the music, but can anyone clue me in?
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby horseblanket » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:10 pm

From Hilbish IG:

Meet the Pripyat. Fully discrete high head room preamp with 700watt power amp.
horseblanket

committed
committed

Postby Olin » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:31 am

Paging whoismarykelly.

I might be wrong but I think I saw some pics of you with the Developing Nations gear this weekend. I've got an order placed with him and am really keen to hear some feedback on what you think of them so far.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:48 pm

They fucking rule. Necks are more akin to Beans, they balance well, and don't weigh a fuckton. I have an order as well for a DC in pink with a single coil in the bridge :)
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass