· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Guitar and bass lounge at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:57 am

That's a beautiful Gibson.
As an aside, some people get unreasonably mad if you tell them your favorite color is brown. :idk:

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:52 pm

my favorite color is brown. it used to draw weird looks or comments but i've seen a remarkable upturn in people being able to hold their tongues in the past year or two.

Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:18 pm

JetKing.jpg
Here is my made from parts all over custom Jet King !
It has a Gibson neck, Gibson and Seymour pickups with coil taps for each.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:59 am

Damn that’s nice

Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:06 pm

Hi, everybody! New to this forum - thanks for having me.
My main guitar is this 2004 '61 Reissue SG.
It was a Guitar of the Month. I modded it pretty heavily - took out the old pickups, pots, and wiring and replacing that stuff with a Bare Knuckle Nantucket hum-sized P90 in the neck and an old Seymour Duncan '59 (double cream - that's pretty old!) in the bridge. A Bigsby B3 with Towner bar replaced the tailpiece, and a Golden Age roller bridge is on there currently. Pots, caps, etc.

Plays and sounds great!

CG

Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:28 am

Welcome, dude! Nice treble stick!

This is my newest addition to the fam :joy::

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:41 pm

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:37 am

The Cheshire Goat wrote:Hi, everybody! New to this forum - thanks for having me.
My main guitar is this 2004 '61 Reissue SG.
It was a Guitar of the Month. I modded it pretty heavily - took out the old pickups, pots, and wiring and replacing that stuff with a Bare Knuckle Nantucket hum-sized P90 in the neck and an old Seymour Duncan '59 (double cream - that's pretty old!) in the bridge. A Bigsby B3 with Towner bar replaced the tailpiece, and a Golden Age roller bridge is on there currently. Pots, caps, etc.

Plays and sounds great!

CG

You made the perfect SG!!!!!

very cool

Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:08 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Welcome, dude! Nice treble stick!

This is my newest addition to the fam :joy::

So...how is it?
Why the 3 PUp model instead of the MKII 2 PUp version?

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:11 pm

Because more is more

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:52 am

The Affinity Jazzmaster HH got alumitoned. Got these from Goroth :thumb:

Had to do some work on the pickguard so it would fit covered humbuckers and I didn't do a very clean job. I have to admit I don't like working with plastic with the Dremel too, it's so much harder to control than with tools. It doesn't show on the picture and you have to have your nose on it to see it, but I still would loved to spare myself the annoyance :lol:

Before pictures for comparison:

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:00 am

Sonaboy wrote:So...how is it?
Why the 3 PUp model instead of the MKII 2 PUp version?

I love it to bits! Very comfortable body shape and neck. Great fretwork considering the price. Super light weight. Tuners are a bit on the cheaper side. Not too bad, they stay in tune all right, but I'm going to upgrade them at some point for something a bit tighter. I didn't know there was a 2 PU version, but I'd like three either way. More variation, and it's what I'm used to having (strat player).

Also, nice PU upgrade, DD!

Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:17 am

looks great with the new pickups. good job.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:03 am

String page is STRONG. That SG is killer, and love the look of those St. Vincents (and SV in general.)

Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:44 pm

This was taken the day before I bought it at a Sam Ash in Houston.

It's my new Pro Jet I bought a couple of weeks ago. Very comfortable to play, sounds really good and as I'm a headphones-mostly player due to living in a duplex, it's a nice change from single coils as I no longer have to use the NS-2 to cancel the hum. Super-lightweight, too. Going to get a Duesenberg Les Trem eventually as I had a lot of fun with the Bigsby on a two-toned model in GC. Got it very reasonably after trading in my acoustic.
Post a reply