· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Guitar and bass lounge at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:07 am

Man, I have a thing for those Natural Dakotas...

HAVN wrote:Please pardon me as I see we're talking aluminum necks and baritone explorers.

I have a thing for 6-series Rickenbackers -- love the body shape -- cresting wave just screams surf to me. I've owned a 650 Dakota for six or seven years. I've kept my eyes peeled for a 650 Atlantis -- love the turquoise.

Found this guy several weeks ago and after some deliberation I picked it up. It's got GFS humbuckers currently installed, but also came with a set of Rickenbacker hi-gains, which is strange since these came with humbuckers from the factory.

I originally sold my wife on this purchase by saying I was going to sell the Dakota but I kind of want to keep both. Love looking at 'em side-by-side. :love:

While the body didn't need to be routed for the GFS pickups some of the finish got scuffed up in the cavity when they were installed, and the hardware isn't well-fitted. It's also got 11s on it right now which are just way too light for me, but the neck is straight and the setup job is good. I don't have a proper stack in the city so before I take it to Chicago Music Exchange I'm going to have a trip home to wail on it a bit. I also have no idea as to if the Ricky single coils I've got were removed for a reason? :?:

Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:59 am

Muff_Diver wrote:Image
87' squier strat. Put some lollar blackface pickups in it and it is singin sweet sweet music.

don't freak out but your picture got reversed

Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:54 pm

Currently I only have one guitar, which is this:

I built it myself in 2002 and it currently has Bareknuckle Mules in, with a coil cut switch on the tone pot.

Following some excellent advice I read elsewhere, I wired the connected pair of wires from each pickup to the earth switch with a resistor (different for each pickup) to give them a noticeably different tone without losing all the volume. They now sound so good that I often spend all my playing time switching between them without using the full humbucker sounds at all.

Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:45 pm

phutyle wrote:Image

Alef Guitars aluminium neck

Ooooh whee! That is hot.

Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:08 pm

99 MIM Midnight Wine Strat with Dimarzio SDS-1, FS-1, & Mini Bridge HB

Great when I want to kick out the jams

Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:46 pm

fuckk yeahhhhhh SDS-1!!!

Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:45 am

I hate strats but these past two pages are giving some strat feelings of love and it's weird.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:27 pm

Stamnes wrote:My buddy makes custom guitars and he just finished this. I want to give him my whole tax return next year.

This is the first Alef neck I've seen in the wild, they look really, really good!

Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:10 am

gringostar wrote:Image

I love everything about this. Got damn.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:37 pm

Olin wrote:This is the first Alef neck I've seen in the wild, they look really, really good!

That tele (awesome as it is) isn’t an Alef neck. From the 3 dots at the 12th fret, it looks like an EGC neck.

The Alef neck is on the grey Strat I posted (just before that tele.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:05 pm

NGD: 1981 Kramer DMZ1000, superrrrrrr cheap and super beatup (hard to tell in photos) but fucking aweeessomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Kramer_DMZ.jpg
Kramer_DMZ.jpg (238.2 KiB) Viewed 5204 times

now someone buy my Gibson The Paul :/

Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:16 am

phutyle wrote:
Olin wrote:This is the first Alef neck I've seen in the wild, they look really, really good!

That tele (awesome as it is) isn’t an Alef neck. From the 3 dots at the 12th fret, it looks like an EGC neck.

The Alef neck is on the grey Strat I posted (just before that tele.

You're completely right, very similar guitars in such close proximity; certainly meant to respost the strat. Looking forward to hearing more feedback on those necks, they came kind of out of nowhere and I can see people being nervous to try them considering they cost as much as EGC's, who have been in the game a while now.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:04 pm

lost in music wrote:
gringostar wrote:Image

I love everything about this. Got damn.

Strongly Agree!!!!

I love my old MIM strat, this one looks to be in crazy good condition.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:40 pm

I got this thing and its very very hard to play.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:55 pm

Nice Pignose!
Post a reply