Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:52 pm

You bastards.

:animal:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby backwardsvoyager » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:54 pm

chillerthanmost wrote:Yeah, I love the roller bridge I got for it but it's still definitely a little flat compared to the neck. It's not terrible and I have my action low enough to where it plays just right. I feel like the bone nut also made a difference in the set up and feel. It intonates great and doesn't go out of tune. I pick really hard and tune to C# standard with 12-52's. I think it just needs a little TLC out of the box for it to come alive. I can't put mine down when I pick it up. I've had $1000+ guitars that don't feel this good.

As for the pickups, the neck I feel is too dark and dull. The bridge sounds great. Thick and articulate and a little hot to drive a tube amp real nice. It's a hair squeally when rung out with a lot of drive, but I kind of expected that. I doubt these are potted or anything. I'm still debating if I want to swap them or keep giving them a little longer. I never play the neck pickup, so it doesn't bother me that I don't care for it. I do want to try a Novak JM-180 though.

I had sort of the opposite experience with the pickups, because i string mine 10-46 in E standard or thereabouts the bridge was a bit thin to me whilst the neck sounds very full and mellow with the tone knob wide open. I'll have to try downtuning it cos I don't think i've done that yet. The shitty stock nut has sufficed so far but i'd want to cut a new one for that.

I just couldn't get over the quality of the neck, that satin finish, everything perfectly rounded and frets didn't need any filing or polishing whatsoever. Sooo so playable. Kills any modern fender i've ever tried regardless of cost.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chillerthanmost » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:05 pm

backwardsvoyager wrote:
chillerthanmost wrote:Yeah, I love the roller bridge I got for it but it's still definitely a little flat compared to the neck. It's not terrible and I have my action low enough to where it plays just right. I feel like the bone nut also made a difference in the set up and feel. It intonates great and doesn't go out of tune. I pick really hard and tune to C# standard with 12-52's. I think it just needs a little TLC out of the box for it to come alive. I can't put mine down when I pick it up. I've had $1000+ guitars that don't feel this good.

As for the pickups, the neck I feel is too dark and dull. The bridge sounds great. Thick and articulate and a little hot to drive a tube amp real nice. It's a hair squeally when rung out with a lot of drive, but I kind of expected that. I doubt these are potted or anything. I'm still debating if I want to swap them or keep giving them a little longer. I never play the neck pickup, so it doesn't bother me that I don't care for it. I do want to try a Novak JM-180 though.

I had sort of the opposite experience with the pickups, because i string mine 10-46 in E standard or thereabouts the bridge was a bit thin to me whilst the neck sounds very full and mellow with the tone knob wide open. I'll have to try downtuning it cos I don't think i've done that yet. The shitty stock nut has sufficed so far but i'd want to cut a new one for that.

I just couldn't get over the quality of the neck, that satin finish, everything perfectly rounded and frets didn't need any filing or polishing whatsoever. Sooo so playable. Kills any modern fender i've ever tried regardless of cost.

Ah, yeah. Could be the tuning/strings. I also play mine through old tube amps usually made for bass, haha. So I never usually have a problem getting a warm/thick tone. But yeah, it usually means my neck pickups need to be extremely articulate to compensate. But luckily I rarely use them.

I agree, solid feeling all around. Especially the neck with the satin finish :love:
I have a buddy that does really good nut replacements so I just had him do a custom bone nut as soon as I got it. Solid upgrade.
chillerthanmost

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Twangasaurus » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:55 pm

I'm fuckin' on to you Chinchillatoast. You know what you did.
Lobstrosity wrote:Dad-a-chum? Dod-a-chock?
Twangasaurus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:41 pm

chillerthanmost wrote:The only thing that's a little weird is how flat the bridge is compared to the neck radius.

Staytrem!

I had a TOM on my jag for a long time, and while it intonated pretty well with one and I got very used to it, the first time I played it with the staytrem was like a new instrument, those things are fantastic.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby colin » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:27 pm

I picked up a used Larrivee D-03R a couple of weeks ago and I got around to taking a few photos of it today, so I might as well show it off. This is the first really nice acoustic I've owned, and I'm loving it so far! It plays and sounds fantastic.

colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Sparrow » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:22 pm

ooohh. that looks Nice Colin!
Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:41 pm

Beautiful! I've heard nothing but good about those guitars, it looks like a nice instrument.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby vegedge » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:52 pm

I want a Gibson marauder or sonex real bad.
vegedge

involved
involved

Postby alexa. » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:03 pm

http://www.njuskalo.hr/elektricne-gitar ... s-11150510

What guitar model is this? Does anyone have a clue?
L00PZ!
rfurtkamp wrote:Bastard stepchild of modern delay times/looping and a Lexicon Vortex would have me whipping out the credit card faster than a hooker at a coke convention.
alexa.

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fever606 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:08 pm

Ibanez GAX-something?
fever606

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby wafl » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:34 am

vegedge wrote:I want a Gibson marauder or sonex real bad.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/m ... 06848.html
wafl

experienced
experienced

Postby blakestree » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:06 pm

Wondering what would happen if my Tele and SG had a baby, I picked up my first offset for $200.

While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby kosta » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:31 pm

Whoa. What is that???
Object Object : Bandcamp | Soundcloud
A lil dreamy, a lil noisy.
kosta

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:51 pm

Holy shit, that's one purdy broad. The color (dark dark purple, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?), the tint on the neck, flashy buckers. $200? What's the catch? :excellent:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass