Let's see your GUITAR!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby polyslax » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:54 pm

sylnau wrote:Thanks! I really love that guitar.
Lauzon is really a cool store... Sean is a great guy!

Ottawa is a cool city too. But I arrived during "La Machine" it was a nightmare to drive. :lol:

Ah, ok, so you were down here. It was a tough choice between guitars, really loved the P90 version as well. Yeah , Lauzon has been around forever, good guys.

The city was paralyzed by La Machine for 4 days! It was pretty cool tho.
polyslax

interested
interested

Postby Burrito » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:10 pm

73 Custom and 04 Standard
Attachments
IMG_20170617_090512.jpg
IMG_20170617_090512.jpg (45.32 KiB) Viewed 5141 times
Burrito

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby weebles » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:10 am

Trying to decide between the black or chrome covers.
weebles

experienced
experienced

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:43 am

MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby oscillateur » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:52 am

weebles wrote:Image

Trying to decide between the black or chrome covers.

Definitely chrome for me, the colour balance of the whole thing is much more pleasant to my eye...
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:57 am

Yes, chrome!
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sylnau » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:18 pm

Disarm D'arcy wrote:Yes, chrome!
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby John » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:35 pm

Chrome, son
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:13 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:i feel theres a need to talk about guitar strings for a moment, yet im not a guitar player, just enjoy the fun of noodling and coming up with good time sounds...so :idea: how often do you change your guitar strings? I dont have extra to $hell out so ive been rippin on some janked up about to fray strings for months....string thread?...

I have some blue bacteria growing off my acoustic strings. Haven't changed them since 2012.
The electric I am using the most now is a HONDO Strat knock off. It feels like the strings on that are .09s which I would NEVER use (I like heavier strings, always have, it's just a preference, I'm not a graceful player). This makes me inclined to think they have been on that guitar since 2007 when myself and the kids in my music class were really into Zappa, Via, Gary Moore, Les Claypool (Solo - Warren Haynes and Buckethead were among his many studio guitarists at the time), Dragonforce (I actually never cared for them) and Pat Metheny.

Comsect, I feel like you and are similar in that, if a string breaks...eh...deal with it when another breaks. I currently on have 4 strings on a guitar I use a lot.
Deal with it eventually...
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:29 pm

skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Benn Roe » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:52 pm

I change strings religiously. If I'm actively playing shows, I change strings every two to three shows. Otherwise, I change them every few months. This is on both guitar and bass. Playing bass is not cheap.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:32 am

I think some basses sound better with old strings. Like old as SHIT strings.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Benn Roe » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 am

Yeah, depending on the sound you're going for, that's true. I'm more or less obsessed with bright, punchy tones, though.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:00 pm

Got a new guitar today for free. My mother in laws mother (my Grand mother in law?? LOL), gave it to me. It's a Terminator by Synsonics. A Korean made 80's guitar that runs about 50 bucks new I believe. Some go for around 135 on reverb.com I saw. Which is hilarious. It tuned up perfect, action is WAY too high, but I just wanted to give it a whirl. It sounds pretty fucking good for a cheap thing.

I'm thinking if I throw some new tuner pegs on it, a decent pickup and maybe something for that big speaker (thinking of a few options here) oh and a new bridge because that thing fucking blows, I'll have a good ass cheap guitar. The neck is surprisingly straight and plays great. I also absolutely love the color. When I got it, it was covered in dirt and dust. Cleaned that sucker up and it looks brand new and has a candy red color. I mean, it's fucking pretty guys! Plus it's a bridge pick up, which I adore.

What would you do here???

I'm thinking Zombie Dust pickups, maybe the Doomsters or Mutilators. I'd love recommendations on their stuff if anyone has used them.

For the bridge, I'm not sure on that one. Maybe Bad Ass or something similar? I'm unfamiliar with a lot of this stuff, so opinions are welcome please! Also for the tuner pegs. They tune but they are shit. Hard to turn, pain in the dick, hate them. So they gotta go.

As far as the speaker goes. Well, I've had a lot of different thoughts on that. It goes to a dual 9 volt cavity that does not look like it should have 9v's in it! LOL!!! It also has a jack for headphones. Weird right?

I'm thinking of making it a piezo drum. However, I thought about asking Tom if I can buy the guts to a pipe amp and do that with it. I mean, that would be bad ass!

Again, thoughts welcome. I could add a kill switch somewhere too with this sucker. It didn't cost me anything.

I also thought about getting a different neck but I LOVE the color. So, I'm conflicted there.

Here's a picture anyway.

"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Benn Roe » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:56 am

Embed a fuzz circuit where the speaker is!
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass