Let's see your GUITAR!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby dubkitty » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:58 am

not to mention that the place was an absolute shithole of negative chaos where it was almost impossible to find anything. and that literally nothing on the website was actually available.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby repoman » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:46 pm

Repainted my partscaster Jag, gave it matching headstock too.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby hbombgraphics » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:15 pm

NICE!!!!!! love the black with white pickups, looks super clean
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:12 am

indeed! love the matching headstock.

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Lurker13 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:46 pm

Smokin' hot Jag!
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:13 pm

This is certainly not new, I bought it years ago, stripped it down, reshaped it and added some flame veneer to the top.

Then I left it gathering dust for years before recently putting it back together with some newer wiring, a cheap locking nut from China and an old Kahler bridge someone gave me (also many years ago). I haven't bothered to finish the body so the top just has a bit of red stain on it and it's clear that it's made from plywood :)

The single-coil shaped pickups are quite dark, so I'm guessing they might be humbuckers, but I don't know.

It's a real lash-up just for use at home as it's the only guitar I've got without a fixed bridge, but it sounds ok for what it is :)

Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby hbombgraphics » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:22 pm

It looks pretty cool, I kindof like the finish like that.

stay in tune OK?

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:34 pm

yes, I've got the bridge set for down only for now as otherwise I'd need to do a load of routing I couldn't be arsed to do ;)
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:35 am

i found a guitar online that i've been looking for since they were discontinued in the mid-2000s. it's a Gretsch 5259 Special Jet; this was once one of their budget models. it's a mahogany slab guitar with the body outline of a Duo Jet with 24.6" scale and the DeArmond 2000 pickups they designed for Gretsch's Electromatic line. the 2000 p/us are different to the DeArmond 2K pickups that went into Guild's DeArmond guitars; the 2Ks are P90-ish in terms of construction/sound with a big slab magnet, while the 2000s are more Dynasonic-ish with only 1/4" magnetic slug polepieces; a coworker who played one compared it to "a Tele with huge balls." i love the Les Paul Special/Junior style with the one-piece bridge and bog-simple controls...there's nothing extraneous to get fucked up. if it does fall between the Les Paul Special P90 sound and the Telecaster sound it'll be perfect. it hasn't shipped yet, so this is from the Reverb site.

https://reverb.com/item/25989984-gretsc ... t-2004-red
Attachments
sj1a.jpg
sj1a.jpg (39.74 KiB) Viewed 4696 times

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hbombgraphics » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:46 am

That's a very cool guitar that I didn't even know existed until right now.

Love the LP special stripped down thing,

Can't wait till you get your hands on it and can toss us more details on how it plays/sounds

hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:01 am

I'm a huge fan of the Electromatic line. I used to have a G5129 that had the same pickups in it. I still kind of regret selling that guitar; it played, sounded, and looked amazing. I honestly don't even remember why I did, but I think it was around the time I started getting into euro rack :facepalm:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby repoman » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:11 am

Those Dynas are some of the nicest pickups ever. Electromatics are awesome, especially those older made ones, they seem to be made nicer than the newer electros.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dubkitty » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:49 am

there was a real golden spot right around 2005, when they were building the solidbodies in China. the new Electromatics are nicer-looking, but the mid-00s ones just felt good.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:11 pm

Yeah, I agree. I had one of those MIC Jets with the mini humbuckers from around that time and everything was really nicely done on it and I loved the sound and it played awesome but I sold it, then got another newer MIC Jet later and it was pretty bad, neck was kind of twisted and it played kinda crummy and the electromatic Filtertrons didn't sound that great. Routing was pretty ugly inside and the wiring was a mess of spaghetti whereas on the earlier MIC Jet the routing and wiring was super tidy. I think people knock those mini-humbucker Electros because they aren't traditional Gretsch pickups, but they sounded really nice to me.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dubkitty » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:11 am

the problem with the mini-Gretschbuckers was their extremely low output. i barely got enough signal from mine to drive an amp, so i gutted my Pro Jet and put Dynasonics in which was a long and complicated project. i also added a Bigsby and Gretsch bar bridge. Joe Carducci, the marketing manager for Gretsch, played it and said it "feels just like a Duo Jet."

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass