Switch to full style
Guitar and bass lounge at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: Let's see your BASS!

Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:57 am

American Standard Jazz, from the mid 2000s, no alterations
white on white, rosewood

and slowly trying to incorporate this during writing sessions
Squier Bass VI, white w/tortoise shell, no alterations (I've heard replacing the nut is a good idea)

Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:55 pm

I have a similar standard Jazz of the same age. It looks great slightly aged!

I've swapped out the bridge on my VI but haven't tried replacing the nut. I think it might help though.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:27 am

Bass VI = Love.

Seriously toying with picking one up. Is the vibrato any good on it? Not looking to dive, just get my Morricone on.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:31 am

Dapper Bandit wrote:Bass VI = Love.

Seriously toying with picking one up. Is the vibrato any good on it? Not looking to dive, just get my Morricone on.

I personally wasn't finding any use for it and ended up swapping the trem out for a solid plate. Works better for my style and I think it stays in tune better

Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:36 am

MrNovember wrote:

I personally wasn't finding any use for it and ended up swapping the trem out for a solid plate. Works better for my style and I think it stays in tune better

Is that a very expensive change to make? Hadn't even considered that after having no joy trying to find a similar solution for a Floyd...

Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:41 am

Dapper Bandit wrote:
MrNovember wrote:

Is that a very expensive change to make? Hadn't even considered that after having no joy trying to find a similar solution for a Floyd...

I don't remember what I spent, but these guys are selling them for $50:
https://store.factionguitars.com/produc ... tail-plate
Pretty sure I've seen them on Reverb for less though

Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:58 am

Wow. Cheap as chips, then. Certainly something to put on the back burner, thanks!

Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:53 pm

INCOMING!!!

Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:14 pm

Yeah gurrl!

Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:16 pm

I am watchin' a couple of that dude's basses on Reverb. :thumb:

Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:54 am

those are fucking gorgeous.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:08 pm

It's here! To be clear that's just one bass shot from different angles. It's heavy as fuck cuz the body is one piece of walnut. But hey who needs a healthy spine, right?

Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:25 am

My trio...

Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:23 pm

Those CTs!

Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:23 am

Those CTs and that RA!

Are they 32", 36", 32"? Tell us more! Seriously, some beautiful basses by two of my favourite luthiers, congrats.
Post a reply