Page 158 of 162

Re: Let's see your BASS!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:40 pm
by GuitarSlim101
Finished building this thing a couple weeks ago. One piece mahogany body, stupidly fat roasted maple neck, rosewood bridge and a tailpiece, cheap GFS "vintage" j-bass pickups that are surprisingly kickass. Only gave myself 3 weeks to build it before a gig, so I still need to fine-tune it here and there and reshape the lower horn a bit, but I'm digging it.

Image

Re: Let's see your BASS!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:50 am
by TwinAmCathedral
Got my dream bass recently, wanted one of these for maybe 10 years

Image

Re: Let's see your BASS!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:24 pm
by tabcantab
Musicmasters are so fun, and that pink is pretty!
Is that the pickup that came stock in those Squiers? Or were they guitar pickups like the old Fenders that somebody swapped out on that?

Re: Let's see your BASS!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:13 pm
by John
GuitarSlim101 wrote:Finished building this thing a couple weeks ago. One piece mahogany body, stupidly fat roasted maple neck, rosewood bridge and a tailpiece, cheap GFS "vintage" j-bass pickups that are surprisingly kickass. Only gave myself 3 weeks to build it before a gig, so I still need to fine-tune it here and there and reshape the lower horn a bit, but I'm digging it.

Image

I love it! Was it a basic Fender shape originally, or did you do it from scratch? Reminds me a bit of the Jeff Berlin signature.

Re: Let's see your BASS!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:31 am
by TwinAmCathedral
tabcantab wrote:Musicmasters are so fun, and that pink is pretty!
Is that the pickup that came stock in those Squiers? Or were they guitar pickups like the old Fenders that somebody swapped out on that?


The Squier models came stock with a bass pickup luckily! Sounds pretty decent, can't see myself swapping it out at all. Much better sounding than the old Musicmasters I've tried.

Re: Let's see your BASS!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:03 pm
by GuitarSlim101
John wrote:I love it! Was it a basic Fender shape originally, or did you do it from scratch? Reminds me a bit of the Jeff Berlin signature.


I just traced a jazz bass on a big slab of mahogany and started fucking with the lines. I wanted something that was functionally a jazz bass, but with a few tweaks. And a laughably massive neck.

Re: Let's see your BASS!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:47 am
by John
Neat. Also, wooden bridges rule.

Re: Let's see your BASS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:46 am
by PuddysJacket
got a peavey t-40 recently...have never felt that kind of immediate connection with an instrument....or person, besides Nina Hartley of course.

Re: Let's see your BASS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:46 pm
by sears
PuddysJacket wrote:got a peavey t-40 recently...have never felt that kind of immediate connection with an instrument....or person, besides Nina Hartley of course.


the t-40 I was intimate with, had been passed down like a doobie from all the prior high school jazz band bass players. As an undernourished white dude I had to sit down while playing it. It was a great sounding and playing instrument!

Re: Let's see your BASS!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:22 am
by JTurbide
$150 find :joy: :)*

Image
Image
Image

Re: Let's see your BASS!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:43 pm
by BoatRich
http://imgur.com/a/uvWcXYJ
Warmoth Tele Bass I just finished up. Roasted swamp ash body, roasted maple neck, Lace Riffblasters, Fender TBX tone pot.

Re: Let's see your BASS!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:12 pm
by Mudfuzz
So I like made another bass and stuff

Re: Let's see your BASS!

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:06 am
by coldbrightsunlight
Rad! :rock:

Re: Let's see your BASS!

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:27 pm
by repoman
TwinAmCathedral wrote:Got my dream bass recently, wanted one of these for maybe 10 years

Image


:love: :drool:

Re: Let's see your BASS!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 11:55 pm
by iamthearm
Hey, I also Mustang Bass but with different pickup config.

Image