· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Guitar and bass lounge at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: Let's see your BASS!

Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:46 pm

DarkAxel wrote:Thanks! I wasn't too sure about the color, it looked really light in the pictures, but it has actually already started aging a bit as is visible when you look under the trussrod cover, where it is REALLY light :)

gorgeous bass congrats

Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:09 am

thanks, man!

fuck the Roto rounds :( SO BRIGHT!

tried flats on it and while I loved the sound, I decided to get EB flats for my P/J and I have flats on the hollowbody as well so... need that zing bruh

decided to try the NYXLs again (had them for ages on my P/J since I switched from flats back to rounds on it) and they are my favourite rounds so far :)
THIS IS IT

LOVE THE FEEL OF IT, EVEN MORESO NOW

We'll be recording our next album next weekend, I plan to use all three of my basses in the studio, so I'll definitely post the family photo :) how the fuck did I get to three basses :!!!:

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:07 pm

Yeah I know that feeling! I'm planning to up it to four next year. :lol: possibly with a ric, seeing yours hadn't made me want one any less... very expensive though

Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:35 am

tell me about it :lol: but... WORTH IT

Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:26 am

I'm sure it is! Time to save.

Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:31 pm

Can find good deals on used ones!

Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:03 pm

all the great deals escaped me, so I only got a decent deal :idk: there are some solid deals in the UK usually though - 1250 quid-ish range

this past weekend we tracked what will become our new album. Brought all my shit

all of it got used, the Ric and the hollowbody the most... not sure if I even used the P/J, which was all over the first album and has some new EB flats on

Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:40 pm

Sweet lineup. What's the hollowbody?

Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:54 pm

60's Musima, D'addario Chromes

used that with heavy foam muting, super sweet tone, very woody, lo-fi, percussive. I used it to fake Justin Meldal Johnsen :)

Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:03 pm

Rad. It does look pretty Starfire-ish, but I haven't seen that model before.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:16 pm

I have some new pickups lined up for it, custom wound P90-ish thing (so sort of Darkstars) but I didn't manage to get them in before recording

Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:19 pm

honestly - while I might fit two basses in the car (if I put the 4003 in a Mono gigbag), I would not také it for gigs, it's my recording bass

Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:43 am

My low end friends.
IMG_0939.JPG

Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:22 am

Ooo!

Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:33 pm

that Peavey is a sexy little number :)
Post a reply