Switch to full style
Guitar and bass lounge at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: Let's see your BASS!

Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:58 pm

^^^ :lol:

Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:49 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Difficult to tell from the photo, but is your drummer Freddy Krueger?

:idk: everyone is entailed to their hobbies

Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:43 pm

to me it looks as if you photoshoped some old blues guy who would be called something like Blind Dead Jackson in your photo :idk:

Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:46 pm

Can I put this in guitars and basses? Squier Bass VI
Swapped in a Mastery bridge and vibrato and some La Bella round wounds, and it's a totally new instrument.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:59 pm

my squier bronco bass I got for $60. changed the pickup to a GFS Little Killer and added some sweet chicken head knobs, because I hate chrome dome knobs...
Attachments
20160707_125218-iloveimg-resized.jpg

Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:05 pm

Looks great! And, yeah, chrome knobs blow.

Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:43 am

NSFW: show

thought y'all might like to see what I've done to my japanese p bass. It sounds ridiculous. Like classic precision crossed with a crunchy 90s G&L type sound.

Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:30 pm

gotta get a pic of my us made mm s.u.b. soon, serial number is less than 4000.

Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:16 pm

This page :!!!:

Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:05 pm

daseb wrote:

thought y'all might like to see what I've done to my japanese p bass. It sounds ridiculous. Like classic precision crossed with a crunchy 90s G&L type sound.

What does the bridge pickup sound like solo? & as I'm sure ive said before, beautiful color.

Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:16 pm

32" SX Jazz with some slight changes.
Fender Blacktop Jazz. Tone pot out, split output in! Plug one cord in, bass works as designed, both pups out one jack. Plug a second one in, and the pups go out different jacks.
BC Rich Mockingbird "Platinum," which I swear isn't nearly as bad as people make them out to be. Maybe I got lucky. Sounds like thunder, balances like shit.

Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:59 pm

kbit wrote:
daseb wrote:

What does the bridge pickup sound like solo? & as I'm sure ive said before, beautiful color.

Much, much brighter than I expected. I have it wired up with a blend control like on a ric and at the moment I'm pretty happy just sitting it right in the moddle of both

Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:03 pm

That SX jazz is the shit. Mudbuckers rule. Are the other pickups Dearmond?

Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:42 pm

Achtane wrote:That SX jazz is the shit. Mudbuckers rule. Are the other pickups Dearmond?

Fender Fidelitrons from the Cabronita P Bass, which is a the Fender version of the Gretsch Filtertrons.

More: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=40213&start=90#p1119532

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:41 am

image.jpeg

I'm not a bass player, but I'm filling in for some guys I used to play lead with. Fortunately, I have access to this '76 Precision in what looks like aged blonde. It used to belong to my grandad who played clubs and dance halls around Birmingham and the West Midlands in the 1970s. He died a few years ago and this has just been sitting around because neither me nor my dad are bassists and my dad doesn't like playing valuable stuff. I think good gear is supposed to be played.

It's 100% original except the case, still has both the pickup and bridge covers. It's quite heavy but actually really well balanced.

The pedals are just from my guitar board, the ones I thought sounded good with bass. They also help cover up the fact that I'm not a very good bass player and this isn't the easiest bass to play because the neck is so wide.

This little practice amp does neither the pedals nor the bass true justice and, probably, neither will the Rumble 75 amp I'm borrowing to gig with. Still, I get to play this cool bass.
Post a reply