Serving Suggestions? (What Do We Do Now?)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

What Do We Do Now?

Burnt Weeny Sandwich
No votes
Dust 4 Printz Dana Scully
No votes
Acquire Toasted Bun MONO Case
No votes
Acquire Hot Dog Oufit
No votes
Swede's Relish?
33%
END CAPITALIST EARTH
67%

Total votes : 3

Serving Suggestions? (What Do We Do Now?)

Postby coupleonapkins » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:03 pm

dumped mustard on the fretboard. now has the ability to smell like a true hot dog kramer.

no lowballs, i know what i got.

yes this is serious.

*is not actually the real hot dog kramer with the limited edition paint job. these are stickers i recreated with the hot dog graphic and kramer logo stuck onto a yellow bumblebee 2024 kramer baretta original.

Only yr Swedewater rep knows fer shure? :snax:

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Serving Suggestions? (What Do We Do Now?)

Postby Gone Fission » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:32 pm

So I got that guitar this year less the hotdogs and mustard but still in midlife-crisis yellow. Been curious to get an 80s-esque thing for a while and it surprised me. The Floyd isn’t my favorite trem, but I get on with it better than I ever thought I would and its hair trigger is interesting. The pull pot that puts the JB’s coils in parallel is a good trick, getting a fair amount of mileage out of a minimalist setup.

(If I had known or thought to grab the OG of something like this when it was out of fashion and cheap in the 90s . . .)
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:41 pm

needs sauerkraut! :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby coupleonapkins » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:08 am

Gone Fission wrote:So I got that guitar this year less the hotdogs and mustard but still in midlife-crisis yellow. Been curious to get an 80s-esque thing for a while and it surprised me. The Floyd isn’t my favorite trem, but I get on with it better than I ever thought I would and its hair trigger is interesting. The pull pot that puts the JB’s coils in parallel is a good trick, getting a fair amount of mileage out of a minimalist setup.

(If I had known or thought to grab the OG of something like this when it was out of fashion and cheap in the 90s . . .)

I snagged one of the standard bridge versions for pretty cheep, and the pup was the EVH duncan but I couldn't tell because the photos on the listing were so poor - love wins again! But those 90's were of a different thymme, albeit with stronger metal Floyds (at least until the 2000s? IIRRRRC). I think I could stand a Kahler, but going fool Floyd is never an option, even if hotdogs are/is/am/were/wuz involved :::nuffsaid.gif:::
Chankgeez wrote:needs sauerkraut! :snax:

It was tres dificil to not add ketchup to this poll, but I respekt Chicago enuff :::obama.gif:::

As fer kraut, kim chee is the only way 2 go now that I've bean HEALED by gut health YT algo and/or deliciousness delirium, but all cabbages demand respekt ::cylob.gif:::

Lookit deez jerks! :trippy:
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Gone Fission » Thu May 02, 2024 9:34 pm

coupleonapkins wrote:I snagged one of the standard bridge versions for pretty cheep, and the pup was the EVH duncan but I couldn't tell because the photos on the listing were so poor - love wins again! But those 90's were of a different thymme, albeit with stronger metal Floyds (at least until the 2000s? IIRRRRC). I think I could stand a Kahler, but going fool Floyd is never an option, even if hotdogs are/is/am/were/wuz involved

People seem to dig the budget Barettas. If they had a fixed bridge version, I could see picking up one of those, too. The Strat trem and banana headstock seem like a kink for going out of tune, so I would just block it, anyway. Maybe someone’s got the tech magic for cutting a non-binding nut, but that level of splay makes it tough.

There’s so much lore of good and bad Floyds, but the Floyd 1000 on mine is supposed to be the baseline of reasonably solid and reliable. After the time I had with an R-Trem on a Spirit, I’m just happy that I’ll be easily able to get a drop-in replacement. (I am converting the Spirit to a fixed bridge to save myself the trouble next time.) I had a Kahler for a week when I was a kid before I swapped it back to the shop the next week since I didn’t get on with the trem or the EMGs—that put me off the entire locking trem thing. The Kahler had been my first trem guitar, so locking and floating without a tech setup or a knowledge-base (pre-internet) was rough.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Guitar and Bass