ASI (synth version); where I'm at.

Moderator: D-Rainger

ASI (synth version); where I'm at.

Postby D-Rainger » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:48 pm

I made an Air Space Invader synth version.
It takes the huge input signal that synths create, and is extra loud at the output too. I cleaned up the filter, added a little more bass, thought they'd appreciate that. Then I thought 'hey that might be good for guitar too!', but you know, it just wasn't as exciting to play through as the regular guitar one.
And the Igor socket - works with 5v CV in (as with the regular one too), but upside down - and I can't do anything about that. And there's definitely a 'sweet spot' where it works best... ie a large part of the control range doesn't do a great deal.

I demo'd it for real in a synth showroom, the whole time thinking 'but I'm surrounded by stuff that already does this waaaaay better!'

It's kind of ground to a halt. I just can't get behind it and tell people to buy it. :idk:

How does anyone ever make any synth-based things when there's a whole bunch of tech geniuses with no friends who already rule that field?
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Re: ASI (synth version); where I'm at.

Postby Dandolin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:14 pm

I forgot to say last week. I love this post. I don't have any answers, but I totally sympathize with the dilemma.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Rainger FX