KIL Switch mini

Moderator: D-Rainger

KIL Switch mini

Postby D-Rainger » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:42 am

I'm thinking about making another mini-pedal - same box as the Dwarf...
Dw-Tw-angle-w-Igor-(web).jpg

that has a momentary kill switch, and an on/off toggle switch, a combination I really like to use by hand with my big KIL Switch
KS-extra(web).jpg

(but using smaller switches). I love using it for cutting off all the echo feedback etc for a big drop 'on the 1'... and tapping out some neat pattern by hand.
But I want a smaller, purpose-built thing!

It'd still have loads of lights that flash with the tap, and look very cool. Plus flip it round 180 degrees and you could use the momentary switch as a heel switch. And if there was a pushbutton you could add a 'tail' to the cut, making it like a simple Minor Concussion, doing that 'sidechainy' thing! (No filter, just volume dips).
Plus an expression pedal output, for sending that sidechain waveform to any other 'EXP. IN' pedal you own.
For about £69?
Whaddyathink?

I might always use it. Last in the chain, like a mute control for when I plug more pedals in - but does extra stuff itself...
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Re: KIL Switch mini

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:41 am

I've always had GAS for a KIL SWITCH.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby D-Rainger » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:37 am

Yeah, it did some nice sounds, in an unusual package... The lightshow is spectacular, a total pain-in-the-ass to make!
I use mine mainly for the killswitch tapping thing - which makes it quite a big pedalspace.... I was thinking how I'd like it in cute format, to do similar things.
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:27 pm

Yeah, I think you'd already stopped building them by the time I became aware of 'em (and they were a little out of my price range anyway).

Can't wait to hear the mini.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby D-Rainger » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:56 pm

Great!
Maybe sell it with a rubber 'footplate' - like the heel switch - that could screw onto the bottom - replacing the baseplate. So it'd be all-in-one and not slip out of position.
Would be battery powered too (as well as PSU) so you'd have less cables going everywhere.

Putting a PP3 in this mini enclosure is tricky though...
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Postby sylnau » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:35 pm

This thread made me realise I still want a Dwarf. :snax:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Rainger FX