New pedal idea - your views needed

Moderator: D-Rainger

New pedal idea - your views needed

Postby D-Rainger » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:11 am

I've got an idea for a simple pedal that converts (electronically) a regular expression pedal movement from a 'sine wave' sort of waggle to-and-fro, to a 'sawtooth wave' movement. As you rocked the pedal forwards, nothing would happen until near the end of the travel when it'd suddenly 'drop off a cliff', followed by an automatic rise up (with speed of 'release' adjustable).

It'd have a 'depth' control to decide how much of a drop there'd be, and a manual pushbutton switch to bypass it (back to regular expression pedal operation).

It wouldn't work on its own, but you could use it with any kind of pedal that had an expression pedal input. Just put it between your expression pedal and the Moogerfooger lo-pass filter, or the Strymon Mobius, etc etc...

If it sold for about £70???

Or you could switch it to work with audio, and using only your expression pedal (and guitar plugged directly into this new box) do the volume-ducking sound like the Minor Concussion does...

That might have to cost a bit more...

Whaddyathink?!
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Re: New pedal idea - your views needed

Postby Haki » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:28 am

I like your thinking, adding expression pedal capabilties is always good. The saw tooth conversion sounds similar to what the Expressionator has to offer. That thing also gives you 3 outs and a few other taper options; http://missionengineering.com/?product=expressionator-2
It's more expensive than what you're suggesting so your version might appeal to those not looking for 3 outs, but that thing came to mind right away. Adding the volume option would make yours more viable, how much extra would that add to the price? Maybe just add expression/volume pedal control to the minor concussion instead?
Haki

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D-Rainger » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:47 am

Jeez that mission engineering thing is unbelievable!!!! Programmable with user memory too?!!
I looked at their videoclip and it was dull...

I was thinking, a Rainger FX version with the audio out possibility would be about £100? (Is that any good?)
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Postby goroth » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:01 pm

As long as it got Rainger'd a hundred sounds more than reasonable!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby D-Rainger » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:01 pm

Interesting... :excellent:
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Return to Rainger FX