Very exciting new pedal from Rainger FX

Moderator: D-Rainger

Help! Vote on distortion knob here...

I like knobs! Sometimes I like to turn the amount of distortion right down.
69%
A 'Hi/Lo' distortion switch would be fine for me.
13%
No distortion pot - make the pedal sound its best, fix it there, and keep it simple - and cheaper!
19%

Total votes : 16

Very exciting new pedal from Rainger FX

Postby D-Rainger » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:42 pm

I'm just finishing off the Air Traffic Controller - a white noise generator which also has a distortion circuit you play through. The two signals (hiss, and dirty guitar) are mixed together and put through a low pass filter (with tons of resonance available). The cut-off frequency is decided by the note envelope (like a touch wah), or by note pitch, or in a random way.

It sounds kind of synthy - but from a totally different point of view of most synth pedals...think fusion soloing, or chords with an interesting tone 'edge' to them, and can also make sonar pings of pure white noise. At the moment I spend a fair amount of time playing Kraftwerk's 'Autobahn' through it. But hey - that just me.

Controls are 'resonance', 'air-signal' (mixer), and 'volume', plus a 3-way rotary switch for the different cut-off frequency control methods.

I've really not seen anything else around like it. I've spent a good while blending the guitar signal with the white noise to bind them together - definitely best with distortion on.
So do you really need a distortion knob? I'm not sure I'd ever touch it...
Vote here!
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Re: Very exciting new pedal from Rainger FX

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:45 pm

Interesting, can't wait to hear clips.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby D-Rainger » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:55 am

So it's looking like I should have a 'distortion' pot in. Thanks for the feedback!
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Postby D-Rainger » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:15 am

Chankgeez wrote:Interesting, can't wait to hear clips.

Audioclip of pedal - complete with distortion knob - is at http://raingerfx.com/air_traffic.html...
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Postby futuresailors » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:19 pm

That's pretty nifty! My favorite setting on the Fuzz Factory did that if you had everything set just right, and this is a whole pedal of ssssqqqqqqqqqquuuuuuusssssssssssshhhhhhhhh! Putting the distortion on a knob was definitely the way to go!
Tom Dalton wrote:You're a dumbass for making this thread to begin with. :hello:

magiclawnchair wrote:fuck that bitter old man

smile_man wrote:
ifeellikeatourist wrote:Pedals aren't everything, yada, yada, yeah I know.

fuck you.

McSpunckle wrote:I ctrl+f'd mountain goats and decided we aren't friends anymore.
futuresailors

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Rainger FX