Dr Freakenstein Fuzz tips and sounds

Moderator: D-Rainger

Dr Freakenstein Fuzz tips and sounds

Postby D-Rainger » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:59 pm

It occurred to me that it might be useful to put some sound settings and ideas down here....
If you've got any to add - maybe some soundclips - go ahead...

You've heard the 'octave down' sound from the DrFF-3, yes? On lo intensity, OSC rolled right off, neck pickup on your guitar, tone knob down.
Works best on higher single notes :excellent: :animal:

I also like thinking of the pedal as 'The Most Severe Phaser In The World' - on hi intensity, with the LFO set very slowly.

On lo intensity, highest speed LFO with Igor in the 'mod. range' socket, it sounds organ-y - with the Igor being the Leslie cabinet control... (sort of).

The silence between notes from the noise gate makes a repeating riff sound like a sample, I reckon. Did you ever hear the Young Gods? A weird band from Switzerland from back in the day - drummer, singer, 2-fingered keyboard player who only played guitar samples... They were mighty! Sounded like The (Techno) Doors!

Also with the LFO on mid speed, tap the muted strings for neat little drum machine beats - the noise gate doing its thing again here...
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Return to Rainger FX