Mammoth - Worst back-order and customer care!

Moderators: Ghost Hip, blakemoth

Mammoth - Worst back-order and customer care!

Postby Ncoruzzi » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:15 pm

Well, this is going to one hell of a story, but Ill make sure to get all my details correct.

12/24/14 - Order placed. Two day shipping bought.

1/1/15 - Another order placed. Two day shipping bought.

1/2/15 - I had realized I forgot to add a switch I needed to either of the two orders. So I emailed them saying I forgot to add a switch, both orders of mine had not shipped so I asked if they could add the switch to either order and I would gladly pay for it. I thought that would be easier for them, so they did not have to simply package a single switch and better for me so I would not have to pay shipping on just that switch.

1/6/15 - No response. I emailed them again asking about the status of the first order I had placed being it was almost 2 weeks since I placed it. I also asked again if they could add the switch to an order.

1/7/15 - Response stating that the switch would be thrown into my order free of charge because of the wait and they would try to get both orders out that day. He also added they had been waiting on enclosures to get drilled for an enclosure as part of my second order. Later that day only my first order shipped.

1/9/15 - This is when things get fun. My first order arrived. Opened it up, was perfect except they did not include the free switch as promised. Also that day I received an email stating that an enclosure and PCB for the two kits I ordered on Jan. 1 are backordered. 8 DAYS AFTER I ORDERED THEM. They stated the rest of my order would be shipped that day. At the time I had misread their email and thought only one piece was backordered. I sent them an email that day asking when that piece would be in stock again, and also mentioned they had forgotten to add in the switch free of charge like they said they would.

1/12/15 - My second order arrived. It was missing the enclosure and PCB as Mammoth said it would be but was also missing the forgotten switch, again.

1/13/15 - I sent another email because I had not gotten a response to the first. This time I asked about the status of both back ordered pieces and again stated the forgotten switch. That day I received an email stating they would ship that switch to me with 2nd day air that day as well as saying the PCB I ordered is still not in stock but I would get an update when the boards would be shipped to Mammoth.

1/16/15 - Got an email saying my order has shipped. I assumed it was all of the missing items. BUT when I made the order, I bought 2nd Day air shipping, but when this second shipment went out I was only given first class mail. This bothers me quite a bit. I bought the faster shipping, but was only given the cheapest shipping when my backordered parts shipped.

1/23/15 - Second shipment arrives. Open it to only find the back ordered enclosure. No PCB or forgotten switch ever arrived.

1/26/15 - Emailed Mammoth asking for an update on the PCB and bringing up the forgotten switch once again. I waited that long after receiving the second shipment because I found I would get an response only if I emailed them during their business hours, so I waited until after the weekend and MLK Day.

No response from them yet. SO, take from that as you wish. Been waiting almost an entire month for parts for an order, and have no reasoning to tell my customers why. Mammoth's customer care seems to be very limited and I have not felt like I am valued customer of theirs, even after many orders placed through them that have gone through rather seamlessly. I have never dealt with a company of this size, or much larger, and have had to wait 4 days to get email responses and nearly a month to not even receive all parts of my order.

All of these dates are accurate. Went through each shipment track and email to make it 100% correct.
Ncoruzzi

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Mammoth - Worst back-order and customer care!

Postby Blunderbus » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:34 am

Small Bear and Tayda are the ones for me....

I have found that Mammoth is slow in shipping and pricey compared to other sites. Tayda is not very fast either but they are cheap and have a good selection in parts.

So far Small Bear has been the fastest in shipping and have always been good to me.
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."
Blunderbus

interested
interested

Postby Ncoruzzi » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:02 pm

To update:
The switch was shipped on 2/02 and I finally received it.
Still no PCB though, still waiting for Mammoth to receive the PCB over a month after.
Ncoruzzi

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby intothegroove » Sat May 30, 2015 12:34 pm

I placed a big order on the 24th and still waiting for them to ship and an e-mail back, I also messaged them on facebook and nothing. I'm getting very worried as I need these parts and it was a lot of money I dropped :mad:
intothegroove

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat May 30, 2015 5:45 pm

Well, that fucking blows! What were the parts for? Incinerators?
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby doommeow » Sat May 30, 2015 6:12 pm

UglyCasanova wrote: Incinerators?

:eek: :!!!: :mad:
doommeow

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby intothegroove » Sun May 31, 2015 11:26 am

UglyCasanova wrote:Well, that fucking blows! What were the parts for? Incinerators?

doommeow wrote:

LOL unfortunately not yet guys sorry lol. But I'll let you know when they'll be back :thumb: BTW Kent, how's that red monster doing? :evil:

Oh and also I got as reply on facebook and it seems that the owner isn't aware of what the guys at the warehouse are doing sometimes :mad: So we'll see what happens Monday when he gets back to me.
intothegroove

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby KaosCill8r » Sun May 31, 2015 11:48 am

intothegroove wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:Well, that fucking blows! What were the parts for? Incinerators?

doommeow wrote:

LOL unfortunately not yet guys sorry lol. But I'll let you know when they'll be back :thumb: BTW Kent, how's that red monster doing? :evil:

Oh and also I got as reply on facebook and it seems that the owner isn't aware of what the guys at the warehouse are doing sometimes :mad: So we'll see what happens Monday when he gets back to me.

That sounds like a bit of a cop out to me. keeping your eyes on that buisness is the most important part of running a buisness. Otherwise it has the potential to fail. :idk:
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby bzrkrage » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:51 pm

Ncoruzzi wrote:Well, this is going to one hell of a story, but Ill make sure to get all my details correct.

1/2/15 - I had realized I forgot to add a switch I needed to either of the two orders. So I emailed them saying I forgot to add a switch, both orders of mine had not shipped so I asked if they could add the switch to either order and I would gladly pay for it. I thought that would be easier for them, so they did not have to simply package a single switch and better for me so I would not have to pay shipping on just that switch.

1/6/15 - No response. I emailed them again asking about the status of the first order I had placed being it was almost 2 weeks since I placed it. I also asked again if they could add the switch to an order.

1/7/15 - Response stating that the switch would be thrown into my order free of charge because of the wait and they would try to get both orders out that day. He also added they had been waiting on enclosures to get drilled for an enclosure as part of my second order. Later that day only my first order shipped.

1/9/15 - This is when things get fun. My first order arrived. Opened it up, was perfect except they did not include the free switch as promised. Also that day I received an email stating that an enclosure and PCB for the two kits I ordered on Jan. 1 are backordered. 8 DAYS AFTER I ORDERED THEM. They stated the rest of my order would be shipped that day. At the time I had misread their email and thought only one piece was backordered. I sent them an email that day asking when that piece would be in stock again, and also mentioned they had forgotten to add in the switch free of charge like they said they would.

1/12/15 - My second order arrived. It was missing the enclosure and PCB as Mammoth said it would be but was also missing the forgotten switch, again.

1/13/15 - I sent another email because I had not gotten a response to the first. This time I asked about the status of both back ordered pieces and again stated the forgotten switch. That day I received an email stating they would ship that switch to me with 2nd day air that day as well as saying the PCB I ordered is still not in stock but I would get an update when the boards would be shipped to Mammoth.

1/16/15 - Got an email saying my order has shipped. I assumed it was all of the missing items. BUT when I made the order, I bought 2nd Day air shipping, but when this second shipment went out I was only given first class mail. This bothers me quite a bit. I bought the faster shipping, but was only given the cheapest shipping when my backordered parts shipped.

1/23/15 - Second shipment arrives. Open it to only find the back ordered enclosure. No PCB or forgotten switch ever arrived.

1/26/15 - Emailed Mammoth asking for an update on the PCB and bringing up the forgotten switch once again. I waited that long after receiving the second shipment because I found I would get an response only if I emailed them during their business hours, so I waited until after the weekend and MLK Day.

No response from them yet. SO, take from that as you wish. Been waiting almost an entire month for parts for an order, and have no reasoning to tell my customers why. Mammoth's customer care seems to be very limited and I have not felt like I am valued customer of theirs, even after many orders placed through them that have gone through rather seamlessly. I have never dealt with a company of this size, or much larger, and have had to wait 4 days to get email responses and nearly a month to not even receive all parts of my order.

All of these dates are accurate. Went through each shipment track and email to make it 100% correct.

Dates are accurate.

Also Christmas & New years. Ever think he may have family to think about or holidays?

Yes , it sounds a bit like a mix up, but I have only good thing to say about Mammoth & reliability.

IMO I think you're being a bit harsh here.
bzrkrage

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby chuckjaywalk » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:49 am

bzrkrage wrote:
Ncoruzzi wrote:Well, this is going to one hell of a story, but Ill make sure to get all my details correct.

Dates are accurate.

Also Christmas & New years. Ever think he may have family to think about or holidays?

Yes , it sounds a bit like a mix up, but I have only good thing to say about Mammoth & reliability.

IMO I think you're being a bit harsh here.

Fucking shill.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Return to Mammoth Electronics