Bad Breadboard

Moderators: Ghost Hip, blakemoth

Bad Breadboard

Postby pulsewidthmod » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:42 pm

On March 13th I purchased a small breadboard and I finally got around to using it. Decided to do a simple circuit with a friend of mine and we couldn't get the circuit to work. We tested all of our components and came to discover that the leads go in way too far so that theconnections aren't isolated on the breadboard.

??? please help, thanks
pulsewidthmod

interested
interested

Re: Bad Breadboard

Postby morange » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:07 am

I also have bought a shitty breadboard before. It was really cheap on ebay. The power strips didn't connect all the way down; each set of 5 was independent. And it always strongly smelled like something toxic.

I know that the breadboards Radioshack sells are good; those are what I buy. I'm sure there are other good brands, for less money. Get a new breadboard, is my recommendation. You have to be able to trust it, when you're trying to test a circuit. I'm sure you know. :lol:

Oh, and also make sure you don't use wires that are too fat for the sockets, because you'll stretch them out. The breadboard packaging usually says it wants you to put in its holes. Yeah, I just said that. Mine says 22 awg.

The Radioshack boards are an aged plastic cream color. Classy.
morange

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Bad Breadboard

Postby pulsewidthmod » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:31 am

morange wrote:I also have bought a shitty breadboard before. It was really cheap on ebay. The power strips didn't connect all the way down; each set of 5 was independent. And it always strongly smelled like something toxic.

I know that the breadboards Radioshack sells are good; those are what I buy. I'm sure there are other good brands, for less money. Get a new breadboard, is my recommendation. You have to be able to trust it, when you're trying to test a circuit. I'm sure you know. :lol:

Oh, and also make sure you don't use wires that are too fat for the sockets, because you'll stretch them out. The breadboard packaging usually says it wants you to put in its holes. Yeah, I just said that. Mine says 22 awg.

The Radioshack boards are an aged plastic cream color. Classy.

22 awg ... not to shabby :poke:

hmmm, that sucks you got a shitty breadboard from ebay. You paid for something that was DOA; did you tell the seller?

I know it's only a couple of bucks, but for me, it's the principle. So, I'm gonna let them know that their breadboard was DOA when I make my next order with them.
pulsewidthmod

interested
interested

Return to Mammoth Electronics