foot switch selection

Moderators: Ghost Hip, blakemoth

foot switch selection

Postby gjcamann » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:06 pm

Any advice for selecting a foot switch?. I'm looking for solder lugs. I have an OCD and LOVE the feel of that foot switch. And I have an MXR and HATE the feel of that one. Which of your switches has the feel I'm looking for? Thanks.
gjcamann

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: foot switch selection

Postby Bellyheart » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:16 pm

3dpt?
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gjcamann » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:49 am

Yes 3PDP, something like 4SFS3PDT-LSAU 3PDT Footswitch (Gold Lugs), but there's several similar parts, which one has the feel that i'm looking for. The closest to a Fulltone footswitch - because they have such a nice solid feel to me.
gjcamann

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Dr Satan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:53 pm

I just got a few of these https://www.mammothelectronics.com/Prod ... =800-1005P and they are much better quality than these http://www.mammothelectronics.com/Produ ... 005-4S-XXX. Much smoother action, definitely solid. Not as much physical "pop" to them as the cheaper ones. The cheaper ones feel more like what EHX uses(compared to my Memory Toy and Small Clone), the first ones linked feel closer to what's in my Mr. Black Tunnelworm.
Dr Satan

committed
committed

Postby gjcamann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:02 am

Thanks Doc,
I will get an order in shortly for a few of these and a couple boxes. Glad someone out there could comment on this. I'd hate to put in all the time for a pedal and not like the footswitch.
George
gjcamann

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Twisted » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:32 pm

I personally had some issues with the lighter colored Chinese made (more expensive) foot switches that Dr. Satan prefers. It may have just been the batch I got, but out of 5 I ordered, 1 kept getting stuck from out of the box, 2 started sticking after about a week, 1 shorted after a couple of weeks and I just threw the last one away without even trying it.

I have never had any trouble with the darker blue Taiwanese made (cheaper) foot switches. Except for that one I melted with a high watt iron :) I have been ordering those ever since without issue. They do have a "sharp" click feel to them, but I have never had problems with audible popping.

I'm pretty familiar with ordering computer equipment, and some batches are just bad from the factory, so I don't blame this on Mammoth at all.

Anyone use the industrial grade black ones? Are they worth the extra $$?
Twisted

uncommitted
uncommitted

Return to Mammoth Electronics