Motherfuckin wah enclosure

Moderators: Ghost Hip, blakemoth

Motherfuckin wah enclosure

Postby aen » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:16 pm

so.....
anybody know how to put those together? I mean, I havent tried yet, but I am pretty well baffled at the assortment of parts that spilled out onto the desk.
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Motherfuckin wah enclosure

Postby kurtH » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:43 pm

I feel for you. I ordered the same one and you need to be a clairvoyant to figure out how it works. The screws in it are so cheap they readily snapped and I had to use a press to get the pivot pin in. Note: Don't even think of using a hammer and punch to get the pin in, that will not work. A drill press won't work either - it has to be a real press and shim the pedal because of the wall taper. The rubber cushions do not have any adhesive, how they expect you to install them I have no clue. I used black RTV and it holds fine.

That block and angle bracket are for tensioning the pivot pin. There also is some parts that I could not figure out at all where they possibly could be put, and I actually do mechanical cad work. Overall the pedal looks good but does not feel too solid under foot. I am going to see about making my own next time.

They did not send me the pedal tread I ordered with it and then ignored four emails for a month. I hate that place!
kurtH

interested
interested

Postby blakemoth » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:43 am

aen wrote:so.....
anybody know how to put those together? I mean, I havent tried yet, but I am pretty well baffled at the assortment of parts that spilled out onto the desk.

Shoot an email to sales@mammothelectronics.com, and we'll hook you up. We have some assembly instructions in the works, but we can send you what we have so far. Should be really helpful.

kurtH wrote:I feel for you. I ordered the same one and you need to be a clairvoyant to figure out how it works. The screws in it are so cheap they readily snapped and I had to use a press to get the pivot pin in. Note: Don't even think of using a hammer and punch to get the pin in, that will not work. A drill press won't work either - it has to be a real press and shim the pedal because of the wall taper. The rubber cushions do not have any adhesive, how they expect you to install them I have no clue. I used black RTV and it holds fine.

That block and angle bracket are for tensioning the pivot pin. There also is some parts that I could not figure out at all where they possibly could be put, and I actually do mechanical cad work. Overall the pedal looks good but does not feel too solid under foot. I am going to see about making my own next time.

They did not send me the pedal tread I ordered with it and then ignored four emails for a month. I hate that place!

@Kurt : I'm pretty sure James got you hooked up on that pedal tread. I talked with him about the scenario you encountered, and it sounds like things were worked out, but please let me know if we didn't exceed your expectations : blake@mammothelectronics.com.
blakemoth

involved
involved

Postby kurtH » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:49 am

Yes I got the missing tread - although several emails and almost a month later. Thanks!
kurtH

interested
interested

Postby aen » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:51 pm

Actually, I got a set of instructions from 4site, I htink I'm all set, although I'm pretty sure I ruined the wah enclosure trying to assemble it before I got them.
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kurtH » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:09 am

I had to shim the pot as the "standard" one you get with the nut and washers already installed (because the gear is pinned on) will not align right with the rack "gear".
You have to press out the pin very carefully otherwise you will destroy the plastic gear and add another washer, then redrill a new hole about 1/8 of an inch closer to the potentiometer body and press the pin back in - very carefully don't even think of doing it without a real press and put no pressure on the gear unless you want it to crack.
I also had to redrill new holes in the landing just next to the screws that mount the rack "gear" as they snapped in use. Luckily my work has a machine shop that could help me. It still took them 1-1/2 hour to get it working right but it does not feel sturdy under foot even with all the mods.

Never hear of 4site until now. Looks like the exact same stuff as Mammoth, even the webpage is similar and part numbers are the same!

4site Electronics has the exact same Wah Enclosure even down to the exact same part number for $10.00 less than Mammoth :no:
You have to buy a minimum quantity but after all it took me to get my last one going I am going to look for a better made one.

I could not find the instruction anywhere on the 4site website but did find what looks like it on the Small Bear Website.
kurtH

interested
interested

Postby selfdestroyer » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:20 pm

kurtH wrote:I had to shim the pot as the "standard" one you get with the nut and washers already installed (because the gear is pinned on) will not align right with the rack "gear".
You have to press out the pin very carefully otherwise you will destroy the plastic gear and add another washer, then redrill a new hole about 1/8 of an inch closer to the potentiometer body and press the pin back in - very carefully don't even think of doing it without a real press and put no pressure on the gear unless you want it to crack.
I also had to redrill new holes in the landing just next to the screws that mount the rack "gear" as they snapped in use. Luckily my work has a machine shop that could help me. It still took them 1-1/2 hour to get it working right but it does not feel sturdy under foot even with all the mods.

Never hear of 4site until now. Looks like the exact same stuff as Mammoth, even the webpage is similar and part numbers are the same!

4site Electronics has the exact same Wah Enclosure even down to the exact same part number for $10.00 less than Mammoth :no:
You have to buy a minimum quantity but after all it took me to get my last one going I am going to look for a better made one.

I could not find the instruction anywhere on the 4site website but did find what looks like it on the Small Bear Website.

4Site is one of the distributors for Mammoth Electronics.
selfdestroyer

committed
committed

Postby Juggernaut12 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:01 pm

:facepalm: Crap product to match crap customer service? :mad:
Juggernaut12

uncommitted
uncommitted

Return to Mammoth Electronics