Cables from Mammoth

Moderators: Ghost Hip, blakemoth

Cables from Mammoth

Postby Officer Bukowski » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:40 pm

I was ordering some parts and I saw mammoth is now selling parts to make cables. Nice timing because all my cables seem to be crapping out on me simultaneously.

I ordered some (just went with the cheapest stuff with pancake ends). At about $7 for ten feet of cable and some ends I'm pretty stoked if I can make this nice. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to put them together. I've never done it before. I don't actually have them yet I just ordered them yesterday so maybe this is a bit premature.

Thanks
I make pedals. SHARK TANK
Officer Bukowski

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Cables from Mammoth

Postby Jero » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Dude, cables are super easy to put together, that will be no problem.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Officer Bukowski » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:27 pm

Yeah? I mainly just don't know how/what tool to use to cut and strip them. Could I strip it carefully with a razor or something do I need to get some bigger strippers?

Probably a stupid question, but my brain is feelin pretty toasty today.
I make pedals. SHARK TANK
Officer Bukowski

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby McSpunckle » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:59 am

Officer Bukowski wrote:Yeah? I mainly just don't know how/what tool to use to cut and strip them. Could I strip it carefully with a razor or something do I need to get some bigger strippers?

Probably a stupid question, but my brain is feelin pretty toasty today.

You can strip them with a pocket knife. Just roll the cable over the blade.

Then you pick the exposed shielding apart, clip some of it off and twist some of it together. Then strip the main conductor. Then tin the wires, then solder to the jack.

It's pretty simple. The only hard part is holding the cable in place.

Yo, Mammoth! Any chance of getting more details on the "standard" cable? Especially its diameter and capacitance.
McSpunckle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby warwick.hoy » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:57 am

So in the interest of not creating a new thread on the topic of the Chandler solderless cable kits,...I was wondering if I could glean some opinions from anyone that has used these kits.

I see they are out of stock on the kits themselves but they do have some pre assembled patch cables.

I currently use the George Ls and a lot of that decision is based on the profile of the plugs. The are super convenient for pedals with multiple inputs that are tightly packed; like feedback loopers and switchers like the BOSS LS-2. That said the George Ls plugs do seem a little to bulky. The Chandler plugs seem a bit lower profile and that appeals to me.

So; are the Chandlers as good/better than George Ls? I could see myself getting a combination of the pre-assembled and a kit to take care of longer cable runs on the pedalboard.

Feedback is appreciated.

Cheers
behndy wrote:"huh. i'm on acid."

Noiseprov/Pedalcore:
Mecha Shiva on Soundcloud.

WHY DID JOHNNY KILL? on Bandcamp. <--Beer Fund

Good Dealings with: futuresailors, Eric!, Multi_S, hatshirt, leastwise, Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D
warwick.hoy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby julius_deane » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:00 pm

I'm also curious about the Chandler Clearfuse Solderless stuff.
i'm a grrnoise
julius_deane

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to Mammoth Electronics