· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Mammoth-related discussion of pedal parts, questions, and DIY builds!
Post a reply

Re: What's missing on Mammoth electronics

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:44 am

davies 1470 knobs.

Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:50 pm

Bring back multi-pack blem enclosures. How did you run out? You're not being careless enough, I guess.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:32 am

Something I would REALLY like to see:
1590LB Color Choices!!! Even the 1590A has it, why not the LB?

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:02 pm

will powder coated looper cases be added at some point?

Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:29 pm

I love the new stuff you guys have been adding. The looper enclosures look great!

I wish you guys had PCB standoffs though. I can't seem to find them anywhere really

Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:35 pm

Officer Bukowski wrote:I love the new stuff you guys have been adding. The looper enclosures look great!

I wish you guys had PCB standoffs though. I can't seem to find them anywhere really

I've only seen the standoffs at Pedal Parts Plus (under accesories; they have two kinds) and in the parts store on BYOC, if I remember correctly.

I agree that Blake has added a lot of useful items recently.

Fri May 04, 2012 10:17 am

Hey all,
I am a noob here and just found Mammoth. Everything I've been getting from separate vendors all at one place, and with good prices at that.

I am very impressed (in addition) when reading this thread after browsing all the good stuff and realizing that several of the things I saw that I liked where requested here. This shows a a group of people (Mammoth) that care about their customers, can act quickly to improve their business, and probably don't have many committee meetings (heh heh). I work for the state, and to do something new (heaven forbid) it takes months - nay, years of meetings just to do the wrong thing much too late.

Anyway, I create my own PCBs and would like to see single sided copper blank not pre-drilled PCB boards. I usually just go to Radio Shack for those, but they only carry double sided, and that's just an extra pain to etch all that wasted copper from the top of the board.

I would love to see 1/32 drill bits for this purpose as well. The smallest any hardware store carries is 1/16 (unless you get the Dremel kit for $11 just for the one out of 5 bits you want). I have to make my boards larger to accommodate the larger holes and pads.

I could order this stuff online elsewhere, but would rather order it from Mammoth.

Anyone out there etch your own PCBs? It makes for a very professional look, helps with external noise (especially with a solid ground plane which also uses less solution and goes faster), and is very easy/cheap to do. I'll post in a more appropriate forum how to do it (or just Google it), but I've tried several methods and found one that is real easy and works well, including making your own etching solution from vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and salt. I get hungry every time I etch a board because it smells like salad dressing ;)

Fri May 04, 2012 10:37 am

Officer Bukowski wrote:I love the new stuff you guys have been adding. The looper enclosures look great!

PCB Standoffs just added. Both the aluminum hex style (3 different sizes) as well as the plastic adhesive style : http://www.mammothelectronics.com/category-s/130.htm

Fri May 04, 2012 4:26 pm

I just saw this in your newsletter. Thanks for being so awesome and listening to your customers :hug:

I'll be buying a whole bunch of stuff from you guys in the near future

Mon May 21, 2012 4:35 pm

25K knurled Pots (for guitars with EMGs)
NON-KNURLED pots (alpha) in all sizes

I'd also like to second these that were already mentioned.
MAX1044
Alpha RV09AF Pots

Mon May 21, 2012 7:42 pm

any 1790ns coming in soon?

Wed May 23, 2012 11:42 pm

One cool thing would be, and they have these on Small Bear, would a be a package of different resistors, instead of 200 of the same resistors for $4, it could be 50 resistors of 4 different resistances for $4; or something along those lines, but for me (a novice) I don't need 200 of one resistance, but I don't want to buy resistors one at a time. So this for me would be best.

Thu May 24, 2012 4:29 pm

The4455 wrote:One cool thing would be, and they have these on Small Bear, would a be a package of different resistors, instead of 200 of the same resistors for $4, it could be 50 resistors of 4 different resistances for $4; or something along those lines, but for me (a novice) I don't need 200 of one resistance, but I don't want to buy resistors one at a time. So this for me would be best.

I got a pack of 1/4w carbon films from RadioShack like that years ago. Very handy thing to have around for repairs, mods, and small projects. Cap kits like that would also be handy.

Thu May 24, 2012 6:26 pm

Teej212 wrote:any 1790ns coming in soon?

I got one from them last week? No powder coat option though :grumpy:

Thu May 24, 2012 11:08 pm

Gone Fission wrote:
The4455 wrote:One cool thing would be, and they have these on Small Bear, would a be a package of different resistors, instead of 200 of the same resistors for $4, it could be 50 resistors of 4 different resistances for $4; or something along those lines, but for me (a novice) I don't need 200 of one resistance, but I don't want to buy resistors one at a time. So this for me would be best.

I got a pack of 1/4w carbon films from RadioShack like that years ago. Very handy thing to have around for repairs, mods, and small projects. Cap kits like that would also be handy.

Yah, the few times I've had to go to Radio Shack for parts, I've seen them. But I'd rather buy from Mammoth.
Post a reply