What's missing on Mammoth electronics

Moderators: Ghost Hip, blakemoth

Re: What's missing on Mammoth electronics

Postby MaxxPlay » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:19 pm

How about a high quality phenolic or plastic amp knob?
Something with a brass insert.
I personally love this style knob " 4SKP-21X12KBK"
http://www.mammothelectronics.com/4SKP-21X12KBK-p/700-2700.htm
Easy to see, vintage looking, and just a nice, functional knob.
:oldrant:
But, after buying many of these, I find with almost half of them the set screw hole is either pre-stripped or strips out with very minor tightening. When I inquired about returning these defective pieces I received no reply.
(so I may try to find a slightly wider set screw)
Believe me I am not trying to knock the company, I really like them. It's just that out of all the knobs I have used these seem to be the only ones with consistent issues.
MaxxPlay

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Eric! » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:58 pm

ifeellikeatourist wrote:photoresistors!!!!!!!!

THESE. And varied resistor and cap value packs, please :D

and a "save for later" feature for your cart? :group:
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kurtH » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:53 pm

I wish they would provide good customer service and peole who will reply to emails about orders they screwed up.

That is what has been missing from Mammote Electrnics these days.
kurtH

interested
interested

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:00 pm

Maybe someone from Mammoth can answer my question, since they seem to be in damage control mode.

Blake, etc-- Any chance of you guys coming up with a more... uhh... reasonable policy on shipping? Of the $2,000+ that I have spent on parts since you guys have been around, here is the primary reason why you have gotten $ZERO from me:

Risk Of Loss
Mammoth Electronics is not responsible for shipment after it has been shipped. Mammoth Electronics recommends the buyer purchase insurance for all orders above $100. Shipping insurance is available upon request.

How many Mammoth orders go missing? It must be a lot to justify a policy like that.

I mean, you do know that a purchase is not complete until the goods are in the customer's hands, right? And, of course, you know the responsibility for the safe arrival of goods lies squarely on you, right? And you know that any purchase of (shippers) insurance is made by you to protect you from liability-- even if you pass that cost directly to the customer-- since you are the one responsible if the package doesn't arrive as expected? And you know if a claim is to be filed, the shipping company won't deal with the end customer, since the shipping company's customer is whoever actually sent the shipment?

I know I am not the only one who has been scared away by this anti-customer policy. I asked this question at a different forum on the day you introduced your company, but somehow, against the objection of the community, the topic was magically deleted.

I'd really like to give you some of my business since you have some unique items that I would like to try. That just won't happen when there is no guarantee that my order will arrive.

Mike
My diy pedal blog: Just one more build...
Mike

committed
committed

Postby The4455 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Just buy a bunch of small orders.
"The future is the past not yet written!"
The4455

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby tuffteef » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:42 pm

can you guys get fresnal led bezels
tuffteef

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby selfdestroyer » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:24 pm

I would love to see some Davies 1470 knobs or clones.
selfdestroyer

committed
committed

Postby gjcamann » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:36 pm

Tinned Bus Wire (because i'm lazy) and tiny 115-12VAC transformers (for my custom power supplies).
gjcamann

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby gjcamann » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:39 pm

And LM317's.
gjcamann

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby jigsaw_devices » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:48 pm

A mammoth distributor in Australia!
jigsaw_devices

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby ThePastRecedes » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:34 am

10mm LED bezels
ThePastRecedes

committed
committed

Postby jigsaw_devices » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:47 am

would love it if you could stock some sort of housing/mounting for photoresistors
jigsaw_devices

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby daveg » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:50 am

Where are the circuit schematics for the Mammoth pedal kits (not the circuit board layout, but the actual schematic that shows signal flow)?
I'm new to the forum and Mammoth electronics but I could not find any information on schematics for the Mammoth pedal kits. I've ordered 3 pedal kits and was surprised that no schematic showing circuit operation are included. Couldn't find any on their website either. It's a real pain trying to troubleshoot problems without a schematic. :picard:
daveg

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Jwar » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:25 pm

So I have to ask. When Mammoth absorbed 4site, where did all the discounts go? The stock items are not there anymore that used to be and the prices are insane on some items. IE cases for one. I can get the same 1790ns cases for 5 buck that Mammoth charge 9.50 for. Seems a bit nuts? Especially since 4site offered such good deals on bulk purchased items.

Do I have to call to get good pricing or is this not something that's being done anymore? I'm looking for purchase a hundred cases drilled and there's no way I'll pay that price.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:30 pm

Last 3 orders have been fucked up. I'm done. You've lost my business. I had to order from you this time because Bitches Love My Switches was out of enclosures, but I'd rather order from anywhere else but Mammoth now. So tired of this shit. I have people waiting on me and my orders get fucked. Not cool. Especially when I call to confirm they are coming whole.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to Mammoth Electronics