Show off your Mammoth Pedal!

Moderators: Ghost Hip, blakemoth

Show off your Mammoth Pedal!

Postby blakemoth » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:45 pm

Post photos of your pedal in a Mammoth Enclosure! Tell us what it does, how it sounds, and your process for making it look great!

(Feel free to show off your pedals where you used Mammoth Knobs and other components, too!)
blakemoth

involved
involved

Re: Show off your Mammoth Pedal!

Postby ARC Effects » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:51 pm

Mammoth parts used :

-1590BB Deep Blue Sparkle
-Black knurled control knobs

Mammoth parts used :

-1590BB Gold Antique drilled horizontal 6 knobs
-3PDT Switches
-1510/1900H/Amp Style Knobs
Last edited by ARC Effects on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ARC Effects

experienced
experienced

Postby ARC Effects » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:56 pm

Mammoth parts used :

-1590B Deep Blue Sparkle drilled vertical 3 knob
-3PDT
-1510 knobs
ARC Effects

experienced
experienced

Postby blakemoth » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:43 pm

Dang, StupidDream88!!

Those things are beautiful. Thanks for posting them! What do they do?
blakemoth

involved
involved

Postby DCOUNTRY13 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Tuxedo G2(s). I've built about 2 dozen of these over the last couple of months for customers. Mostly Mammoth Parts including the Black Textured enclosures, White Knobs and various Resistors, Caps, Sockets, Transistors, Jacks, Switch, etc. I feel very comfortable sending out pedals that are mostly Mammoth Parts.

Mammoth is my "Go To" place for stuff now. Esssentially a one-stop-shop for DIY pedal building. Blake even worked with me when I had a bad batch of enclosures. Not "Bad", but just not up to their usual outstanding quality (Hey it happens) and I was probably being spoiled and picky. He personally made sure that the QA on my next batch and everybody's batches were exceptional.

These were built on R2G2 boards from the guy (Barry a/ka/ My7of9 - owner of www.guitarpcb.com - Check it out) who hand-etches the boards for Mammoth's pedal kits.

They are essentialy workalikes of the C*rnish G2. The 4-Knobber replaces the simple Tone Control of the G2 with a more Big Muff type ToneStack with a Mid Control.

Guts of the 4-Knobber using the GBOF board for the Big Muff w/ Mid Tone Control (all the info on how to do this is over at http://www.guitarpcb.com under the build docs for the R2G2):

Hate to sound like a commercial, but Mammoth is cool stuff sold by cool people.
DCOUNTRY13

interested
interested

Postby eatyourguitar » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:18 pm

the round knobs and the enclosure are from mammoth. if you want to start selling these chicken heads with the white stripe, that would be cool. I use them for rotary switches
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blakemoth » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:32 pm

@DCOUNTRY13 : I've always wanted to hook up one of those R2G2s. Everytime I see one go out of our shop I get more and more curious about them. Love the tuxedo look. Those white DC jacks from Barry look sweet. Very tasty. One of these days I'll have to get my hands on something like that.

@eatyourguitar : That pedal seems really versatile! I like the idea of a boost+loop pedal a lot. What kinds of applications do you use it for personally?
blakemoth

involved
involved

Postby blakemoth » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:00 pm

Also, just as a plug : EVERYONE should check out Barry's site :

http://www.guitarpcb.com

Amazing PCBs. Even more amazing forum, support, community, everything. We love hosting their PCBs in our kits section, which is found here :

http://www.mammothelectronics.com/category-s/118.htm
blakemoth

involved
involved

Postby eatyourguitar » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:05 pm

Its for boosting a fuzz pedal mostly. I might do another one with a transformer to get the impedance right. The load is just putting a 10k before the fuzz. Works like a presence control but it also depends on the input impedance of the fuzz and the input cap. The transistor is socketed. Right now im using the 2N5133 hfe 70 for a subtle low gain thing. The loop switch actually turns on/off the boost and fuzz together. It has switched jacks for when nothing is in the loop.
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blakemoth » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:45 pm

eatyourguitar wrote:Its for boosting a fuzz pedal mostly. I might do another one with a transformer to get the impedance right. The load is just putting a 10k before the fuzz. Works like a presence control but it also depends on the input impedance of the fuzz and the input cap. The transistor is socketed. Right now im using the 2N5133 hfe 70 for a subtle low gain thing. The loop switch actually turns on/off the boost and fuzz together. It has switched jacks for when nothing is in the loop.

Dang. That's really cool. I especially like how the loop switch will control the boost and fuzz at the same time. That's really clever.
blakemoth

involved
involved

Postby eatyourguitar » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:49 pm

cause thats how people use them. tap dance problem solved :)
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blakemoth » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:57 pm

eatyourguitar wrote:cause thats how people use them. tap dance problem solved :)

Roight, roight. It's just cool cuz I've seen a lot of loopers in less practical applications, ya know?
blakemoth

involved
involved

Postby Bruce R » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:53 pm

The following is the GuitarPCB.com "Super Drive 70's." It is available as a kit from Mammoth Electronics, which is where I sourced many of the parts for this build, including knobs, enclosure, and many of the electronic components.

This is the enclosure with vinyl inkjet label and Envirotex Lite epoxy clear coat finish:

Finished Pedal Pictures:

It looks almost as good as it sounds!
Bruce R

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Bruce R » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:05 pm

GuitarPCB.com makes a great post-gain boost circuit called the Stage 3 Booster, which is available as a Mammoth kit. This build was made completely from Mammoth Parts except for the label material and the 2-tone LED.

Gut Shot:
Bruce R

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby DCOUNTRY13 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:30 pm

Once again, Bruce.....Those finishes are topnotch. Doing great justice to the builds.
DCOUNTRY13

interested
interested

Next

Return to Mammoth Electronics