Pretty Years

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Re: Pretty Years

Postby Jwar » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:00 am

manymanyhaha wrote:Anyone else gotten theirs to do a stutter/delay/8th note/splatt thing?

Hahaha! Yes! I thought I was crazy when it was doing that last night! It's a short, short delay at least from what I found. The stutter can be super strong! Once I found that settings it was so crazy to tweak it just little bits to increase the intensity.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Strange Tales » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:24 am

Anybody hook a LAL Misty Cave up after this? Think I will tonight but imagine things will get intense between the two.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:34 am

kbit wrote:Brian does have it on his board right now and he'll be on tour for another couple weeks. I think it'll be tougher than one may think. The tube isn't socketed and it's pretty secure inside there.

Yeah, I've gigged with mine twice so far. Both have just been noise/ambient gigs though, so no real crazy/unexpected stuff from the crowd. Both of those gigs were primarily me toying with different settings on the PY - I'm waiting for a friend to send me the audio from the most recent because I wanna share it (assuming their recording is decent).

kboman wrote:
Psyre wrote:Wondering where you guys are placing the PY in your chains? I've shaken things up gear wise recently and about to put a board together for the first time in a while. Gonna try a couple placements tonight, was thinking end of chain, but now I'm leaning towards pre-CT5 and Looper

I've got mine after the main board (with CT5) but before the splitter to the looping module: this way I can loop any and all PY fuckery, keep that fuckery going in a loop, and then tune in some other fuckery in parallell. Oh and after the looper I already had a Fuck OD for even more fuckery ;)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKWY267g3LU/

I actually just abandoned my board altogether the other day (no gigs for a while, so I'm gonna plug and play with smaller setups), but I discovered I really liked it towards the beginning. Pretty much just after my DL4 (initial looper), Count to 5, and Pitchfactor. Reverb sounds pretty cool going into it as well, though.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby DRodriguez » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:02 am

I was at the Cymbals Eat Guitars show wearing my shirt, and someone came up to me and yelled awesome pedal and ran off. Tracked him down, but he's not on ILF.

p.s. great show Brian. Openers were cool, Wildhoney in particular spoke to my tastes.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:06 pm

so the new album is fucking amazing. probably listened to it like 14 times so far. great job gang

py brings the fm to life with a click of a button :love:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKZtZQ1hs8i
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Inconuucl » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:24 pm

Beam destroyed my face. :rock:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby DannDubbleEwe » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:20 pm

Really sad I missed out on both orders. If anyone ILF flips :cool: YEAH RITE. Such gorgeous sounds.
DannDubbleEwe

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:45 pm

Mine's sitting at the post office! Picking it up tonight! But I won't be able to try it out until tomorrow :(
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:37 pm

Got to try it in a band context today. Too. Good. :drool:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby manymanyhaha » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:48 am

jwar wrote:
manymanyhaha wrote:Anyone else gotten theirs to do a stutter/delay/8th note/splatt thing?

Hahaha! Yes! I thought I was crazy when it was doing that last night! It's a short, short delay at least from what I found. The stutter can be super strong! Once I found that settings it was so crazy to tweak it just little bits to increase the intensity.

Yeah, and it will do most of the time but some notes it won't. It's a cool single note sound
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:56 pm

woah that rules! add to the settings thread.
i did find a cool delay-type filter sweep thing with the FM switch engaged but i don't remember what it was now. it was subtle but super surprising when it happened!

DRodriguez wrote:I was at the Cymbals Eat Guitars show wearing my shirt, and someone came up to me and yelled awesome pedal and ran off. Tracked him down, but he's not on ILF.

p.s. great show Brian. Openers were cool, Wildhoney in particular spoke to my tastes.

yo! where were you? the night was super hectic so i didn't really get too hang with anyone too much unfortunately...

DannDubbleEwe wrote:Really sad I missed out on both orders. If anyone ILF flips :cool: YEAH RITE. Such gorgeous sounds.

:cry:

manymanyhaha wrote:
jwar wrote:

Yeah, and it will do most of the time but some notes it won't. It's a cool single note sound

some of the settings do surprising things - i found one where the gain controls worked the opposite of the way they were supposed to because of the phase cancellation. it was weird. i was thinking the setting sucked and then started to turn the gain down and it totally came to life! :trippy: :trippy: :trippy:
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:13 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:some of the settings do surprising things - i found one where the gain controls worked the opposite of the way they were supposed to because of the phase cancellation. it was weird. i was thinking the setting sucked and then started to turn the gain down and it totally came to life! :trippy: :trippy: :trippy:

That happened to me a lot with the bias control, the more I lowered it in some settings the clearer it became. :animal: I was actually going to ask you about it.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:09 pm

Inconuucl wrote:
smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:some of the settings do surprising things - i found one where the gain controls worked the opposite of the way they were supposed to because of the phase cancellation. it was weird. i was thinking the setting sucked and then started to turn the gain down and it totally came to life! :trippy: :trippy: :trippy:

That happened to me a lot with the bias control, the more I lowered it in some settings the clearer it became. :animal: I was actually going to ask you about it.

elves
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DRodriguez » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:52 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:yo! where were you? the night was super hectic so i didn't really get too hang with anyone too much unfortunately...

I figured, album release days are wild. I moved around, but I spent a while a couple rows back on your side of the stage drinking more beers than I should have. :lol:

I gave a quick hello to that Joseph bloke on the way out from the merch table.

Couple poor cell phone pictures:

More on the pretty years thread, jwar and A/B'ed our Pretty Years yesterday, and they sounded remarkably close. The biggest differences we heard was when they ran off of different power supplies. Massive differences in sounds when running it from a one spot chain or from an isolated power supply.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:56 pm

So I'm in the midst of packing up and moving right now, so I haven't had too much time to delve into Pretty Years, but what I have done with it is amazing!

Today I put together a super simple patch on the modular and put it straight into Pretty Years. It was so dirty. Then started using the Batumi to CV Pretty Years. Just amazing stuff!
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to smallsound/bigsound