· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

where pizza is king and pedals are princesses <smallsoundbigsound.com> <FB> <IG>
Post a reply

Re: Pretty Years

Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:44 pm

Well, if he wants a polytope (or if someone buys it) then he can knock on my door.

Hell, a top jack one (bonus points for black) or a bubble gum pink one will do the trick too. :lol:

ANYWAYS

I've yet to try my PY on my Bass VI, but it's legit one of the things I'm most excited about. :!!!:

Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:46 am

Picked up mine yesterday an played it at the band practice. Very good pedal. I also got an octave down delayed sound out of it. Shit will be epic once i can sit down with this for a while...
Thanks Brian for this great pedal!

Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:18 am

https://soundcloud.com/evangordon/live- ... rp-9142016
I just uploaded (iPhone) audio of my last solo noise set. Sax, organelle, and guitar improv. My signal chain was instrument --> Pitchfactor (only on during the Organelle section) --> Pretty Years (occasionally CV controlled by an 8-Step Program) --> ss/bs No Memory --> Dwarfcraft Happiness.
The PY is on for the entire set, and the Happiness creeps in after 5-6 minutes and stays on for a while before I got it to send CV to the Pretty Years. There's hella sounds hidden in here. The weird chirpy forest sounds about halfway through come from the Pretty Years with no input (only CV manipulation).

Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:36 pm

Pretty Years is here!! Yummmmmmm.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm loving doing it.

PS the album is great too :thumb:

Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:40 pm

Sitting and listening without doing much else for the first time, I love the production. Awesome sounds all round.

A little more playing with the Pretty Years, it's juuuuust on the usable side of completely insane, IE the best place to be?k

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:37 pm

monkeydancer wrote:Pretty Years is here!! Yummmmmmm.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm loving doing it.

PS the album is great too :thumb:

Ah dude I got mine days ago! Did you manage to skip import?

Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:01 am

Yeah somehow woo! No idea how it got through, classic random customs decision.

And I'll give some more "normie" clips a go tonight. :thumb:

Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:29 pm

Here's me playing around with Pretty Years, keeping it relatively tame. Found a range of very cool distortion + filter sounds, I'm starting to understand more how to get stuff out of it??

There's bits here using the LP, BP and HP filter modes I think. I kind of got carried away and cut down to this from a lot of very long jams. All these settings were super inspiring!!

https://soundcloud.com/death-truckers/n ... years-demo

:!!!:

Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:57 pm

vidret wrote:
baremountain wrote:https://soundcloud.com/evangordon/live-at-crown-harp-9142016
I just uploaded (iPhone) audio of my last solo noise set. Sax, organelle, and guitar improv. My signal chain was instrument --> Pitchfactor (only on during the Organelle section) --> Pretty Years (occasionally CV controlled by an 8-Step Program) --> ss/bs No Memory --> Dwarfcraft Happiness.
The PY is on for the entire set, and the Happiness creeps in after 5-6 minutes and stays on for a while before I got it to send CV to the Pretty Years. There's hella sounds hidden in here. The weird chirpy forest sounds about halfway through come from the Pretty Years with no input (only CV manipulation).

organelle into pretty years into happiness? i'm checking this out NOW.

for anyone who missed it.

I CALL DIBS ON FLIPS, YA HEAR? :poke:

There's one on reverb rn.

Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:05 pm

I am not unjealous of everyone on this thread.

Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:35 pm

And so the climb begins. :no:

Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:34 pm

There was one for $310 shipped but it lasted like 15 minutes or so.

Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:35 am

zeravla wrote:There was one for $310 shipped but it lasted like 15 minutes or so.

dminner wrote:
space6oy wrote:that was quick. :cry:

that was me haha. Total impulse buy haha...not want I planned on using that money for...

I CALLED DIBS, BITCHES! :p

Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:15 pm

Captioned: "we'll see"

:cool:

Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:20 pm

Post a reply