Pretty Years

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Re: Pretty Years

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:11 pm

Rock City.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby space6oy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:43 pm

come play in columbus after ferndale! i can hook you up!
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:03 pm

EU dates? :zen:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:06 pm

Since when is Norway EU?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:21 am

As in the abbreviation of Europe, not European Union. :thumb:

Also, Norway has an EEA agreement, so we're sort of part of the EU... :grumpy:

The EEA agreement includes:

Free movement of goods, capital, services and persons.
Common competition regulations (cooperation on the regulation of competition, state aid and monopolies) and harmonising company law.
Cooperation on transport policies.
Common veterinary regulations (but as a main rule tariffs on trade in agricultural goods still applies).
Cooperation on environmental protection, education, research, consumer protection and social policy.
Structures for consultations, in which the EEA-EFTA states will participate in development of future EU law that may become EEA law.
A common decision-making process in which the EU and EEA-EFTA states must agree on adopting new EEA law, giving each EEA-EFTA state the right to veto the inclusion of new legislation.
Institutions to manage the EEA agreement (EFTA Surveillance Authority and EFTA Court).
The EEA and Norway Grants to reduce social and economic disparities in Europe.
Norway contributes about 7 billion NOK to the EEA programs, including the EEA and Norway Grants, EU research programs, and EEA institutions.

the EEA agreement does not include:

The EU Customs Union and trade agreements with third countries. In World Trade Organisation negotiations, the European Commission represents all EU member states. Norway has its own voice.
The Common Agricultural Policy. Norway’s agricultural policy is adapted to local needs.
The Common Fisheries Policy. Norway’s fisheries policy balances coastal fishing and offshore fishing, benefitting coastal communities and creating employment.
The euro. Norway’s monetary policy is decided in Norway for Norway.
EU’s attempts to coordinate taxation. Norway is free to set taxes and duties to finance our welfare state.
The Common Foreign and Security Policy. The EU wishes to speak with one voice in international forums, such as the UN.

TLDR; we are about 10% EU.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:47 am

That's weird because from what I know we do pay customs charges here in The Netherlands if we receive a package from Norway, or am I totally wrong about that?
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:17 am

Maybe they forgot to tell the Dutch customs dudes?

UglyCasanova wrote:
TLDR; we are about 10% EU.

:lol: :D

I am about 10% convinced by your argument. :idk:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:35 am

"The European Economic Area (EEA) agreement encompasses 11.37 per cent of the total EU lawmaking."

Tristan wrote:That's weird because from what I know we do pay customs charges here in The Netherlands if we receive a package from Norway, or am I totally wrong about that?

This is true. It's not supposed to happen, but it does. I tried telling the dude from The Netherlands who bought my Sonic Crayon that, but he said I should just put the full amount on the invoice, so I will :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:00 am

Man fuck EU. Come back to Kansas City! Last time I bought tickets and everything and was in show prep and missed the show! DAMN IT!!!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:22 am

jwar wrote:Man fuck EU.

:lol: :thumb:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:46 am

For that, go to Brussels... ;)
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Inconuucl » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:53 pm

:poke:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:08 pm

Inconuucl wrote::poke:

Bro he said mid July! Don't rush him!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Inconuucl » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:48 pm

We're in the middle (of the first day) of July. ;)
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:10 am

yo dawgys. I MADE SOME LARGE CHANGES TO THE CIRCUIT, ALL IN THE NAME OF AWESOMENESS.
some controls are gone but a bunch have been added. i have to change the graphic to fit the new layout unfortunately but i'll try to keep it as similar as possible... all that being said, i made loads of small changes but the big ones were mostly to the filter (i ended up using a different type) and some of the gain staging. unfortunately this thing is DEFINITELY going to end up costing me way more to manufacture than i expected sooooo like that sucks but hey as much as i'm running a business i want to make cool shit and i should just stop while i'm ahead next time rather than adding like ALL THE CONTROLS lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
basically there were so many different options depending on where the filter was placed so i just barfed on it and added them all in a weird way.
anyways. :hug:

REMOVED CONTROLS
- feedback controls (stompswitch, toggle and potentiometer) - it just wasn't working out the way i had hoped and kinda sucked.
- one of the triode/pentode toggles

ADDED CONTROLS
- a really cool/weird switching scheme which creates a bunch of different feedback networks - this includes 4 extra toggle switches
- frequency modulation switch for the VCF
- 4 filter modes - LP/BP/HP/NOTCH
- extra gain knob added
- pregain toggle for MOAR GAINZZ and diode clipping
- runs on a standard 9V supply now. i still need to check the mA use but regardless i think it's own supply or an isolated supply would be preferred in general.

the switching thing is fucking rad.
if you imagine the pedal in block form like this with T = each tube stage and the VCF as a separate block that is disconnected
INPUT - PREGAIN - T1 - T2 - T3 - EQ - OUTPUT
VCF

the 4 toggles (1, 2, 3, 4) allow you to send the VCF to different points in the circuit (or completely switched out), like so:
INPUT - PREGAIN - T1 - T2 - T3 - EQ - OUTPUT (VCF OFF)
INPUT - PREGAIN - VCF - T1 - T2 - T3 - EQ - OUTPUT (1)
INPUT - PREGAIN - T1 - VCF - T2 - T3 - EQ - OUTPUT (2)
INPUT - PREGAIN - T1 - T2 - VCF - T3 - EQ - OUTPUT (3)
INPUT - PREGAIN - T1 - T2 - T3 - VCF - EQ - OUTPUT (4)
each mode is distinctly different and has it's own merits.

THEN.
if you start adding combinations of those things you get all this crazy feedback because the of the way the toggles are set up. for example:
switch 1, 3 and the circuit looks like this

INPUT - PREGAIN - VCF - T1 - T2 - VCF - T3 - EQ - OUTPUT
but the output of T2 also gets fed back to the input of T1 along with the output of the VCF after T2. it starts to get very complicated very quickly...in any case there's all sorts of feedback-y type things that happen plus you get phase cancellation and such from feeding both signals in at the same time so there are lots and lots of different sounds available, especially with all of the different filter modes and the frequency modulation.
adding more switches gets way more complex, etc. i was getting super intense octave down stuff, a really amazing sounding tremolo, lots of super gnarly stuff including pure noise chaos and i barely scratched the surface.

my proto board should be here in a few days so i should (fingers crossed) have a full prototype by the end of the week to make some sweet sounds with.
:hello:
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to smallsound/bigsound