Ultimate fuzz and od combo

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Ultimate fuzz and od combo

Postby Jwar » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:26 am

Hey guys! So I have a second Buzz on the way and was wanting to pick you brains about it.

So I was toying around with taking my Dual Mini and the two Buzz pedals and putting them all in one case. Probably 1590dd. It would be massive.

My thought was either to stack them this way Mini, mini, buzz, buzz or mini, buzz, mini, buzz. What do you think? OR! Should I trade one Buzz for a TAFM? And do it that way?

Ultimate SS/BS box IMO. The only thing that could make it better is somehow fitting a Hawk in there. :) LOL

What do you think?

What would you do with the graphic too?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Re: Ultimate fuzz and od combo

Postby Eivind August » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:21 am

Mini > TAFM > Buzz > Mini would be pretty sweet.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Jwar » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:29 am

Eivind August wrote:Mini > TAFM > Buzz > Mini would be pretty sweet.

I agree! Hmmmmm.

Guess the ultimate decision will be made when that second Buzz arrives. ;) lol
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Eivind August » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:33 am

Hehe, technically you should swap one of the minis for a fuck. Then it would be Fuck > TAFM > Buzz > Mini, and all the bases would belong to you.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Jwar » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:14 am

Eivind August wrote:Hehe, technically you should swap one of the minis for a fuck. Then it would be Fuck > TAFM > Buzz > Mini, and all the bases would belong to you.

True!!! Too true!!!

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:34 pm

with that many pedals in one i'd personally rather have I/O on the back for all of them so you can have any combination.
you the boss though
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:29 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:with that many pedals in one i'd personally rather have I/O on the back for all of them so you can have any combination.
you the boss though

I was thinking the same thing actually! :)

Maybe when I'm done hugging you at the show we can talk about it. LOL

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby kbit » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:20 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:with that many pedals in one i'd personally rather have I/O on the back for all of them so you can have any combination.
you the boss though

Fer sure. Mini/Buzz/TAFM in one box would be doooope.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:37 am

kbithecrowing wrote:
you the boss though

Fer sure. Mini/Buzz/TAFM in one box would be doooope.

I like this, but I also like the idea of having Mini/Fuck OD/Buzz/TAFM

OR! What I would cream my pants for

Mini/Buzz/TAFM/Blarggg

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby rustywire » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:09 am

jwar wrote:
Eivind August wrote:Hehe, technically you should swap one of the minis for a fuck. Then it would be Fuck > TAFM > Buzz > Mini, and all the bases would belong to you.

True!!! Too true!!!

you the boss though
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:00 am

Ok, so you'd think that the Buzz, Buzz combo would be redundant right? Nope! I was grinding shit late into the night yesterday with this! I could not fucking believe how good these sound together! Brian, I think the Buzz is your best pedal yet dude. The rest are awesome too, but on bass, holy shit dude! This thing is just amazing! I taken back a bit by how freaking good it sounds. And for a super fuzz? That's nuts! Especially with my super active bass!!!

So now I'm on the hunt for a TAFM. :) I don't know if I wan the gate though? I never really used it. Unless there's a way to put a TAFM on a switch (selector) instead of a stomp. That would be great! So much better for me IMO.

Maybe I'll email you or just talk to about this in person. I've got a few ideas for fun.

One question for anyone in the know though.

Let's say I slam four pedals in one case, if that's even doable with the amount of space given. If I ran them all on one 9v supply, would that create a ground loop on the inside and potentially cause issues for them later or for the rest of my chain? OR! Would it down regulate the power to the point of under-powering my effects?

Would I need multiple supply paths for this work right?

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:52 am

jwar wrote:Let's say I slam four pedals in one case, if that's even doable with the amount of space given. If I ran them all on one 9v supply, would that create a ground loop on the inside and potentially cause issues for them later or for the rest of my chain? OR! Would it down regulate the power to the point of under-powering my effects?

Would I need multiple supply paths for this work right?

nah, one 9v adaptor and you'll be fine.
we'll talk soon! :hello:
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby magiclawnchair » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:27 pm

Sounds like my kinda pedal! :evil:
:flame:
"You sir, broke my speakers." - Jero
"I'll be the short-haired dummy headbanging like I've still got my old metal hair over in the corner." - jrmy
"And if you're going to sell something why not come and chat for a while... :( " - smile_man
"GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!" - ST :animal:
http://soundcloud.com/magiclawnchair
http://www.youtube.com/user/MagicLawnChair
http://www.myspace.com/owlcambridge
shop http://fuzzhugger.com/fhfx.html today! :poke:
magiclawnchair

FUZZHEROSAURUS
FUZZHEROSAURUS

Postby Eric! » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:39 pm

BUZZZ>4545>TAFM>MINI>BUZZZ
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:09 pm

Eric! wrote:BUZZZ>4545>TAFM>MINI>BUZZZ

See I'd be all over this! But I don't think there's a box that could accommodate that?

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Next

Return to smallsound/bigsound