No Memory - Spill the beans! (UPDATE PAGE 7)

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Re: No Memory - Spill the beans! (UPDATE PAGE 7)

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:46 pm

Do a live-stream. Hit a chord and see how long you can keep it alive :thumb:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:57 pm

the majority of the rest of the orders shipped earlier today, with the remainder going out in about an hour so folks should have them before the weekend!
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bellyheart » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:52 pm

Damn going outta town this weekend. Hope it'll be before I leave. If not next week will be fun.
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby culturejam » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:02 am

Not sure how I missed this! Looks amazing. :!!!:
Disclaimer #1: Co-Founder, Product Developer at Function f(x).
Disclaimer #3: I do sporadic, infrequent contract work for Black Arts Toneworks
Check out my photo gear on the cheap site: Tight Camera
culturejam

Supporter
Supporter

Postby zeravla » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:01 pm

Got mine today! Haven't played it yet, but I opened it up and saw the trimpot with the message beside it to leave it alone. Had a good laugh at the gob of hot glue stuck on it to drive the message home :lol: You know us all too well.
zeravla

Supporter
Supporter

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:18 pm

EvilCatBucky wrote:Got mine today! Haven't played it yet, but I opened it up and saw the trimpot with the message beside it to leave it alone. Had a good laugh at the gob of hot glue stuck on it to drive the message home :lol: You know us all too well.

it's SUPER sensitive! the smallest turn of that trim and you'll drastically change the delay time. i tweak each one to get somewhere between 2-3 seconds at max delay time (and up to almost 10 seconds with the range pot) anyways, so it's not like you'll need to get MORE time out of it... :lol:
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:25 pm

I just got it in yesterday!
Somehow I thought it was something else I was expecting but as soon as I got home and opened the package it turned out to be the No Memory, surprise! :)

Wow, it's great, I'm loving it so far!
Definitely has a Deluxe Memory Man type flavour to it I'd say, in regular settings it sounds a bit more bare bones I think and it has a bit more bass / low mids maybe so it thumps a bit more, contrasts a bit more with your playing, but it's still pleasing.
I actually like the little modulation it has even with the mod turned off.

Still getting my head around the envelope bit, how it works and which part the controls actually can influence.
The way the delay currently functions I prefer to set the time relatively high at 3/4 or so with the range at 1/4 in non mod mode, this gives a nice medium delay setting with still a little bit of modulation, then if you switch on the modulation you can make it weirder by turning the bend control up and varying with the lag and sweep switches.
There's really lots of different delay sounds in there, from more spacious and conventional sounds to dying cats and all sorts of ticking and crackles underneath your main sound.
I think I must have played with it for 2 or 3 hours non stop as I unpacked it and hooked it up, just guitar -> No Memory -> amp. :)
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby doralin » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:36 am

So..

What does one with the first run No Memory with the range knob issue (if you could call it that) do?

Do I contact you Brian to have the pedal updated?

I absolutely love it and don't wanna be without it for too long!
doralin

committed
committed

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:08 pm

doralin wrote:So..

What does one with the first run No Memory with the range knob issue (if you could call it that) do?

Do I contact you Brian to have the pedal updated?

I absolutely love it and don't wanna be without it for too long!

sorry, emails incoming this week.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bellyheart » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:49 pm

Just got it. Holy fuck. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing but I've gotten some real sweet sounds with the mod section. Seems the lag switch works always. It just during a time change. I'm still trying to figure it out. I love this thing a lot.

It does way more than I thought. Having the modulation is great. While playing it'll sound normal and when you stop the crazy clock noise enters. Now I have to get fully acquainted with it.
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:38 pm

Ok so after listening to UC's demo I definitely think there is something weird going on with mine. I'm going to send it your way when you get back from tour Brian. It's doing really random stuff, and I had a hell of a time getting a normal delay sound out of it. Very odd. I mean, it isn't a normal pedal, but I was trying to get a normal delay sound and it kept just doing weird stuff. lol
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:53 pm

jwar wrote:Ok so after listening to UC's demo I definitely think there is something weird going on with mine. I'm going to send it your way when you get back from tour Brian. It's doing really random stuff, and I had a hell of a time getting a normal delay sound out of it. Very odd. I mean, it isn't a normal pedal, but I was trying to get a normal delay sound and it kept just doing weird stuff. lol

yours is in the "weird wiring" batch. again, i still need to email everyone who got those but i've just been trying to make it through my two days off getting a bunch of other orders out. i'm going to email in the morning on the train. in the end though, you'll be able to get both normal and weird sounds out of it...
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby univalve » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:30 am

I have two now: #1 and #52.
WUT

Thanks Brian!
I will Mail #1 back next week.
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:15 am

jwar wrote:Ok so after listening to UC's demo I definitely think there is something weird going on with mine.

Well, mine is also in the weird wiring batch, so unless some are weirder than others we're in the same boat. I do have to mess around with it a lot to get a "normal" delay sound. But I have another delay on my board, so I'm enjoying the weirdness. I will send mine back eventually, but I'm sure Brian has enough work to do in the next weeks/months, so there's no rush for mine to get "fixed".
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:20 am

Me and Goroth talked about this, and don't seem to get the same sounds on your settings either. So I dunno. I'm still able to get normal, fucked and normal-fucked tones out of it though, so errythang is cool. Will post some of my settings in the settingspostingthread asap.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

PreviousNext

Return to smallsound/bigsound